Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

map choice and question

Tank

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
I have a 2 month old 2021 Explorer ST and use Android phone.
Which map app do you use? The native one to Ford or the Google Maps, Waze on the phone (connected to USB cable)? Are there any other options?

In light of the full screen being available on the native Ford screen but only half (if that) when Google maps is used I am inclined to stay with Ford's option. But I am open to other voices. Thanks!

Reactions
Google maps is better then the Ford maps I think but the Ford works just fine if I need a quick map while running around town. For trips I save offline Google maps to use. Off the normal path I use ONX on my phone.

motormac

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
I use Waze on my phone, and my Garmin 1450 LMT. When I connect the iPhone to the vehicle using the data cable, in order to use the Waze program, Ford shuts down my phone for all other uses. I will check the process, now that I have updated SYNC3 to the newest version.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I haven't tried it in a while but ford waze was low res and had slow refreshes. Painful. Waze iOS introduced bugs to Carplay so i stopped using it and deleted it off my phone. Using Apple maps now and hope users start reporting speed traps like they do for Waze. Doesn't have the features offered by Waze though.