Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

malfunction brake system

Bedrock

EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 explorer st
2022 Explorer ST with 20 miles
park brake is locked tight.
with a malfunction brake system message.
Car has been undriveable since the day purchased.
Any one see this issue?
Any ideas?

Last edited:

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Dealer???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
How long ago did you buy it? Surprised you haven’t called the dealer and have it towed there on a flatbed.

OP
B

Bedrock

EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 explorer st
Thread Starter #4
Has been at the dealer since 2 hrs after we signed for her.
A week today and no real good answers

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Bummer. Hopefully it gets resolved in short order.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Just for grins, if you think the parking brake diagnosis is simple, you would not believe how many sensors are involved. Check this out:

https://www.foexplorer.com/ford_exp..._operation_and_component_description-547.html

If you bother to look, you'll see there are literally scores of sensors, microswitches, electric motors, computers and canbus messages that could cause a problem. Makes one wish for a manually activated parking brake.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Just for grins, if you think the parking brake diagnosis is simple, you would not believe how many sensors are involved. Check this out:

https://www.foexplorer.com/ford_exp..._operation_and_component_description-547.html

If you bother to look, you'll see there are literally scores of sensors, microswitches, electric motors, computers and canbus messages that could cause a problem. Makes one wish for a manually activated parking brake.
Holy crap! Yeah I'd rather have a cable setup that rusts if you don't use it!

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Mine got stuck in Brake Service Mode when I was swapping rear rotors a while back…had to get a buddy with a serious scan tool to come figure it out. It had a code for a temp sensor on the rear caliper being out of whack. FYI there is no temp sensor on the rear caliper.