Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Magnaflow or Borla?

OP
Baseballbum
Reactions
Thread Starter #22
Has anybody found a way to turn off the fake exhaust sounds?

tfratzke

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I have the Borla S-type/ No drone to speak of. Only complaint is I get very random backfire type pops when downshifting after the system is warmed up.
same here!

Reactions
Vehicle
Ford Explorer ST PHEV MY22
I can only speak of the Borla Atak system on my explorer phev st line (does have the 3.0 tt engine though) and i absolutely love it. Bit of a burble and some pops when its cold an warming up, great sound when accelerating and when on a constant speed its still near quiet in the cabin.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I prefer Borla to all the rest , a matter of personal preference. I started out with the Borla S and switched to the ATAK. People on this site indicated the ATAK was too loud and I bought into it but its not true. But again I have a 2016 GT350, a 2018 Hellcat and a 2008 Will Cooksey Z06 so its all relative. our ST's are only 3.0 L and twin turbos, the turbos inherently quieten the exhaust note so in my opinion the Borla ATAK brings a throaty sound back into it. Its like a good tequila and all subject to personal opinion.
I'd love to hear your ATAK. Want the deeper notes also but not at the excessive noise in the cabin. Im in Orange.