Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Lowering your Explorer ST!

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST Carbonized Gray
+30mm. No rubbing on the spring perch, but very slight rubbing on the fender well lining at full lock. The spring perch clearance is REAL close--like I can barely fit a piece of cardboard between the tire and the metal. After 5000+ miles the tire hasn't worn the felt at all that you can see, so even though it touches at full lock, it hasn't worn anything at all.

Being lowered doesn't affect clearance between the tire and the spring perch (the rotation of the hub about the knuckle dictates that). Only clearance between the tire and the fender well is affected by ride height.
Good info, thanks for the reply!

Jbcain

Reactions
That’s crazy. A shop should be able to knock it out in 3-4 hours tops.
My half retarded self and another fellow rere did all 4 corners in 1hr and 15mins, wheels off to wheels on. And I Probably did 80% of the work. 2 post lift.

I sure hope a shop could do it in 3.

F=MA

Reactions
+30mm. No rubbing on the spring perch, but very slight rubbing on the fender well lining at full lock. The spring perch clearance is REAL close--like I can barely fit a piece of cardboard between the tire and the metal. After 5000+ miles the tire hasn't worn the felt at all that you can see, so even though it touches at full lock, it hasn't worn anything at all.

I had the Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 305/35/22 with 22x10.5 +30 wheels plus H&R springs (SHOWN). Rear treads are down to 6/32" after 7,000 miles, fronts about 8/32". There is some tram lining or road following with the wider tires so this time I went with Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 295/40/22 to get a slightly narrower tire plus a little more sidewall to cushion the ride over road joints plus add a little more beef to the sidewall visually. We'll see how that works out.
IMG_66055.jpg

Kensho

Reactions
Will the H&R or Steeda lowering springs work fine if you want to keep stock street package rims?

Anyone here done that and have sample pics?

Reactions
I used the Steeda springs, it didnt seem that much lower

Reactions

Tommy Flippen

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Steeda Springs with original Street Pack wheels, not a big drop but definitely lowered the center of gravity and the feel of the road, no issues. I tried 1" spacers but the original studs came through the spacers and was advised not to cut the studs, so I didn't. If someone has a photo of the back of a Street Pack wheel to see if there are pockets between the holes that would accommodate the original studs that would be cool....

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Will the H&R or Steeda lowering springs work fine if you want to keep stock street package rims?

Anyone here done that and have sample pics?
Using the steeda springs with the stock street pack 21" and our winter 20" setup right now with no issues either.

SmittysST

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 FORD Explorer ST
H&Rs, steeda bar, stock wheels spacers.

@Kensho
What wheel spacers did you go with? I am also wondering what 1.25" spacers in the back alone would be like lowered on HR or Steeda?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
What wheel spacers did you go with? I am also wondering what 1.25" spacers in the back alone would be like lowered on HR or Steeda?
Here’s mine with Steeda springs and Steeda 1.25” spacers in the rear only.

EEA9E854-6D70-47C0-A086-8F72492ED951.jpeg 3D5D5B76-45DF-42BA-91E2-9E7C6E02DFE4.jpeg E64892C6-B35D-434F-831C-A4C8A721FAD3.jpeg 0D1A7E8C-8289-41CD-AF54-7DB17FF618D2.jpeg

Reactions
Any reason you only did rear spacers. Is it just looks or is there a ride advantage

SmittysST

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 FORD Explorer ST
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Any reason you only did rear spacers. Is it just looks or is there a ride advantage
I wanted to do 1” in the front, but didn’t like the idea of cutting the studs, so I planned on doing 1.25” all the way around. But they stuck out too far for my liking in the front, so I left them off.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Killer! I like that! This is where im headed! Thank you for the pictures!!! What exhaust are ya running?
Thank you! I wasn’t sure if they’d be low enough for me and I started to have doubts before we installed them, but I’m really happy with the way it turned out. I also like the little bit of rake in it for when I have to hook the trailer up to it..

Exhaust is Thermal 2.5” with CVF downpipes.

SmittysST

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 FORD Explorer ST
Thank you! I wasn’t sure if they’d be low enough for me and I started to have doubts before we installed them, but I’m really happy with the way it turned out. I also like the little bit of rake in it for when I have to hook the trailer up to it..

Exhaust is Thermal 2.5” with CVF downpipes.
Killer, that must sound good! Are ya selling the other two spacers?

Tommy Flippen

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
SmittysST I have four 1.20" custom made spacers with lug nuts that I ran only two for a while, the other two are still in the box for $200. I don't remember why I only ran two as I have since sold the ST. I'm in So Cal if you want to come check them out. Tommy

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Killer, that must sound good! Are ya selling the other two spacers?
Thank you, I'm pleased with how it turned out. Way more aggressive sounding, but not too loud or obnoxious.

Sorry, spacers were sold a while ago. Only thing I have left for sale is my original Gibson exhaust setup.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
SmittysST I have four 1.20" custom made spacers with lug nuts that I ran only two for a while, the other two are still in the box for $200. I don't remember why I only ran two as I have since sold the ST. I'm in So Cal if you want to come check them out. Tommy
Are those spacers still available?

Explorer ST Posts