Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Low Pressure Gas Line Leaking After HPFP Install?

OP
-REDRUM-
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #21
Anyone doing this, the male to female is a 3/8”…. Not a 5/16”. The 5/16” one is too small and does not fit properly.

Attachments

OP
-REDRUM-
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #23
The part you had linked is 5/16” OD which was too small. I reordered the 3/8” OD (5/16” ID) piece and will try that tonight.

OP
-REDRUM-
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #24
Okay, all put back together and started… same leak in the same spot???? WTF! Again, it’s not a lot of gas, just a drip or two but why is this still leaking?

Attachments

Reactions
I dmed you my number. Probably easier to talk through it and then we can post after.

OP
-REDRUM-
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #26
THANKS FOR TALKING ME THROUGH THIS!!! Wish there was a way to give you 1000 thumbs up!

Reactions
Ha happy to do it. Keep us posted the outcome.

OP
-REDRUM-
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #28
Okay, finally have an answer on this… manufacturer defect! Per Nostrum there is a leak in the weld around the inlet pipe.

Fantastic news for me as per Nostrum they don’t have any pumps on hand to swap it and won’t until some time in August. Was told on Tuesday they were sending it in some time next week (didn’t know when) so it can be re-welded. Spoke with rep today and he had no updates as to when it was being sent next week and was told it SHOULD be welded the following week some time but know ETA… I guess I will get it back whenever they get to it…

Just my luck, I spend thousands on a stage 1 kit and get to spend hundreds more on Uber rides to work for 2+ weeks when the pump doesn’t work. Total BS.

Reactions
Okay, finally have an answer on this… manufacturer defect! Per Nostrum there is a leak in the weld around the inlet pipe.

Fantastic news for me as per Nostrum they don’t have any pumps on hand to swap it and won’t until some time in August. Was told on Tuesday they were sending it in some time next week (didn’t know when) so it can be re-welded. Spoke with rep today and he had no updates as to when it was being sent next week and was told it SHOULD be welded the following week some time but know ETA… I guess I will get it back whenever they get to it…

Just my luck, I spend thousands on a stage 1 kit and get to spend hundreds more on Uber rides to work for 2+ weeks when the pump doesn’t work. Total BS.
Why not put stock pump in for 2 weeks? Long as you don't rag on it it should be able to keep up with normal driving and not have to switch tune.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
Glad you got your answer.
For the future modders out there: ANY fuel leak is too much - even just the smell.
(vapor burns, not the liquid)

OP
-REDRUM-
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #31
Why not put stock pump in for 2 weeks? Long as you don't rag on it it should be able to keep up with normal driving and not have to switch tune.
because I have to pull the intake and coolant line to put the OEM line back in. Then I would have to do it all again to reinstall the pump. I actually reinstalled the factory pump but I can’t get the high pressure line connected without bending the shit out of the fuel line.