Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Loose rear window switches?

Reactions
Anyone else’s rear window switches seem really loose? Both of ours have a lot of movement when you touch them and rattle around easily. The drivers switches have zero movement/rattle, the front passenger only has a small amount.

It’s so easy to wiggle the switches in back window I’m wondering if they might be the source of a rattle while driving at times. Hopefully the video works to demonstrate the issue. Really cheap feeling. :(

Attachments

ST+

Reactions
no issues with my rear window controls on my 2021 - but I do have an issue with drivers window which now bounces back on auto up and still bounces back when I hold the switch in the up position.
This is a pita because to reprogram the auto up and down feature of the front windows you have to hold the up control for 5-10 seconds after the window stops. Same with down position. Trouble is the window won't stop in the up position -- it just comes back down. Looks to me like an excess pressure issue maybe in the regulator ????

As to your "rattle" -- I have one too that's irritating coming from within the passenger rear fender a foot or so forward from the taillight. Seems there's something loose in there between the fender and the inside panel.
I love this vehicle but the QC seems a little lacking compared to my just sold 2017 Escape.

Colin