Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Looking for wheel/tire fitment opinions

CBM5081

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Hey everyone! I’m looking at the Niche Verona wheels for my 2020. Im thinking I would like to run a 285/50/R20 all season tire, but I’m not sure which wheel would work better so I’m looking for someone more experienced to help me out.

The wheel options are:
20”x9” +35et
or
20”x10” +40et

I would prefer the wheel/tire combo to not stick outside of the wheel well, but also don’t want a setup that looks disproportionate. Thanks, all! IMG_7307.jpeg IMG_7306.jpeg

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Neither of those would fit very well. Too far inside the fender.
For a 10” wheel look for +30 offset. A 9” wheel is too narrow to even consider.

OP
C

CBM5081

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
Neither of those would fit very well. Too far inside the fender.
For a 10” wheel look for +30 offset. A 9” wheel is too narrow to even consider.
is a 9” wheel to narrow simply for the tire size I'm hoping to run, I assume is what you mean? So your recommendation for a good fit would be a 20x10 +30et?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
is a 9” wheel to narrow simply for the tire size I'm hoping to run, I assume is what you mean? So your recommendation for a good fit would be a 20x10 +30et?
It’s too narrow insofar as it just doesn’t look good. If you’re buying aftermarket wheels you want it to look good. A 285 tire is basically 11.25” tread width so putting it on a wider wheel will let the tire sit better too.

OP
C

CBM5081

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #6
It’s too narrow insofar as it just doesn’t look good. If you’re buying aftermarket wheels you want it to look good. A 285 tire is basically 11.25” tread width so putting it on a wider wheel will let the tire sit better too.
I wish this all made more sense to me! LOL

If a stock wheel is 20x8.5 +44.5, I guess I just figured a 1.5” wider wheel wouldn’t need a significantly different offset to fit nicely.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Offset is the
I wish this all made more sense to me! LOL

If a stock wheel is 20x8.5 +44.5, I guess I just figured a 1.5” wider wheel wouldn’t need a significantly different offset to fit nicely.
Offset is the difference between the mounting face and wheel centerline…so it changes a lot with width.

Joeymiichael

U.S. Marine Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 White Explorer ST
Offset is the

Offset is the difference between the mounting face and wheel centerline…so it changes a lot with width.
Hey, im looking to buy a set of Konig wheels and these are the specs 20x8.5 offset 43 5x114.3 Center bore 73.1, they should fit exactly like stock 20”s right? I should haven’t to worry about anything?