Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Light bar

Reactions
Hello, trying to wire up a light bar and I'm wondering if anyone has a suggestion on how to get the light bar switch wiring from the inside of the cab to the battery area(don't want to drill if I don't have to) . Thank you in advance

Reactions
Well, I haven't on this car, but I have one on my Jeep. There has to be a firewall pass thru on the vehicle where you won't need to drill. Look up under the dash for a rubber plug or wires and you'll have your answer.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST (Agate Black)
Hello, trying to wire up a light bar and I'm wondering if anyone has a suggestion on how to get the light bar switch wiring from the inside of the cab to the battery area(don't want to drill if I don't have to) . Thank you in advance
This video should help (linked below). Pick it up 2.12mins in and it'll show you how to access the fire wall. This company also provides a lot of really good plug and play lighting products. My construction company has been using them for years w/ zero complaints. The staff is really knowledgeable and always a phone call away should you need additional assistance during installation.

2020 Ford Explorer Warning Strobe Light Install

Link to vendors website:

Wicked Warnings (aftermarket lighting accessories)

QwikEVO

Active Duty U.S. Air Force
Reactions
Why the need for a light bar?

KegsBdry

Reactions
Looking to put a light bar (or 2) behind the grill (hidden). 1st Question: Any ideas of how to go about it? Never know when you may need to light up the night like the sun’s out!

When camping, it’s always helpful to have light to setup & also know when something is out in the night. My intent is to light up in all directions (but hide the light bars so they aren’t noticeable). 2nd Question: Any ideas of where to hide light bars on the sides of the vehicle (perhaps under the vehicle where a step bar would be located)? My intent is to hide a pair of light bars on the back of the vehicle either under the overhang to the window or under the bumper. Small but hidden ones that aren’t noticeable (if i haven’t already said that enough).

Reactions
Why the need for a light bar?
Do you drive much at night ? Out in the country ? Ever hit a feral hog? Deer? Errant livestock? ................

OP
S
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
Do you drive much at night ? Out in the country ? Ever hit a feral hog? Deer? Errant livestock? ................
Live in a rural area, no manmade lights anywhere.... The better you can see, the safer you can operate a motor vehicle

Reactions
20" Black Oak LED combo light bar mounted on Setina PB400
20 inch combo Black Oak LED on Setina PB 400.jpg

OP
S
Reactions
Thread Starter #9
Looking good! How does your STs sensors like the Setina PB400 on the front bumper... any codes

QwikEVO

Active Duty U.S. Air Force
Reactions
I do drive at night in the country.
These LEDs - even on bright are just fine.

KegsBdry

Reactions
Looking good! How does your STs sensors like the Setina PB400 on the front bumper... any codes
Good question.

And did you wire in a separate toggle switch or run them into your high beams?

Reactions
The light bar is wired to a separate switch. I have bambi mode enabled for the factory fogs which, are truly useless in the fog as fog lights.

OP
S
Reactions
Thread Starter #13
The light bar is wired to a separate switch. I have bambi mode enabled for the factory fogs which, are truly useless in the fog as fog lights.
You're right about the OEM fog lights... How did you enable the Bambi mode...
Which section did you find it under?