Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Internal headlight cracks.

BooSTed

Reactions
So I'm a super proud owner of a 20 St Explorer and got a great deal on this beast right off the showroom floor in Oct. Had it serviced on Saturday and handwashed it myself. Noticed hairline fractures in the top near the hood (3) total. Coming from the inside of the lens. Also noticed inside the taillights it appears there are stringy hair like substance in the red lighted areas. Ford is replacing all 4. Is anyone else noticing these things? Can post pictures if interested.

Reactions
So I'm a super proud owner of a 20 St Explorer and got a great deal on this beast right off the showroom floor in Oct. Had it serviced on Saturday and handwashed it myself. Noticed hairline fractures in the top near the hood (3) total. Coming from the inside of the lens. Also noticed inside the taillights it appears there are stringy hair like substance in the red lighted areas. Ford is replacing all 4. Is anyone else noticing these things? Can post pictures if interested.
I don't think any other member has reported this crack in headlights problem yet.

OP
BooSTed

BooSTed

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
I don't think any other member has reported this crack in headlights problem yet.
So thanks for the reply, here's the kicker ST folks, Ford replaced the headlights free, but the 2 headlights are cracked yet again, different place, along the chrome from top to bottom inside the light. When I took it back to let them know, I decided to browse every explorer on the lot, and to no surprise, each of the models had these cracks. I took a sewing rolling ruler and measured each Crack on the headlights of all these new Explorers. All are in different spots. If I were all of you, I'd be checking it out! Pay this much for a ride, the lights shouldn't be cracked!

Reactions
So thanks for the reply, here's the kicker ST folks, Ford replaced the headlights free, but the 2 headlights are cracked yet again, different place, along the chrome from top to bottom inside the light. When I took it back to let them know, I decided to browse every explorer on the lot, and to no surprise, each of the models had these cracks. I took a sewing rolling ruler and measured each Crack on the headlights of all these new Explorers. All are in different spots. If I were all of you, I'd be checking it out! Pay this much for a ride, the lights shouldn't be cracked!
Is it possible to take a photo of what cracks you are seeing?

Found your post with photos:
More Cracked Headlights

Last edited:
OP
BooSTed

BooSTed

Reactions
Thread Starter #5

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
Ford Explorer st 2020
I’m having the same problem with my cord Explorer st 2020

Mattski

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Are you sure those are actual cracks and not lines from the injection mold process? Hard to tell in the photos, just thought I would ask.

ARC

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST Black
Yes. I had that happen on my 2020. Th cracks were so bad it was spider webbed across the whole lens.
Took it to the dealer and they would not cover it and stated that the lens was struck with something.
One of the idiot service advisors even said "well how fast do u go on the highway, maybe a rock hit it!"
Ended up filing insurance claim as the headlights were well over a 1k.