Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

I need a out of state vin number

OP
E

Eastbay_st

Reactions
Vehicle
Ford Explorer st
Thread Starter #21
Ima start posting fellas I did add a bov and mbrp axle back to the st so give me time only time I get go on here is when all 4 kids are in bed

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
Using a false vin probably will not work. I believe the Vin is embedded within the tune, and when you try to load it, the Vins won't match, and the tune won't load.

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
You said 5 star questioned your address and wanted a registration as proof? Well you're basically caught, 5 star won't sell to you now. Just buy the Whipple tune and intercooler bundle as that is carb legal and is pretty much your only option now.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Not getting a 5Star tune is a good thing. Literally the bottom of the barrel for tuning. Do some research, you’ll see who’s better, then try again but have someone else pay this time.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I can't believe Cali is locking down everything like that. Just insane that the people of that state allow their overlords to do so much to them. "You can't modify your car" is just crazy...

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I can't believe Cali is locking down everything like that. Just insane that the people of that state allow their overlords to do so much to them. "You can't modify your car" is just crazy...
You can modify your car in CA…tuning can be a pain though. It’s very expensive to get CARB exemptions for tuning but it is possible. Those that can’t or won’t pay for it can’t sell their tunes into the state….but to say you can’t modify your car is a stretch.
I drove a blown Ram R/T on meth for 2 years there.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I drove a blown Ram R/T on meth for 2 years there.
Depending on how you read this, it could mean two different things, LOL!!! I've seen tweakers driving a RAM with a blown motor too! lol