Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

I just don't know thread

Symetry

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Well , old tightwad just got a new label added.
DUMMY.
Got a question ,
I just don't know. IMG_20210311_160731379~2.jpg
What are these bright red things?
I think they're just reflectors.

Jim

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Well , old tightwad just got a new label added.
DUMMY.
Got a question ,
I just don't know. View attachment 4554
What are these bright red things?
I think they're just reflectors.

Jim
Correct ... easily covered up with vinyl for a clean look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Symetry

Symetry

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Thanks guys.
I thought they were.

I tried covering them today with vinyl , medium black, but I'm not happy with the bubbles .
Worked my but off , even used a hair dryer. Too many little bubbles.
Hope they go away.

But if not I'll get some better tint film.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Jim

Reactions
I just don't get covering up these reflectors or tinting turn signals but maybe one has to be broke down on the side of a narrow road one dark as hell raining night hoping that no one rear ends them. Have a power issue were the lights don't work and you want as much shinny stuff on the back of the vehicle as you can get.

A couple years ago I pulled up to a stop sign at a side street intersection, there was a car stopped before me across the intersection that started to cross and I started to move. The guy slammed on his brakes, honked and gave me the finger I of course saluted him back and kept moving. As soon as I got to the back of his vehicle I could see his issue, through his tinted rear blinker lens I could see he was turning left at the intersection and while he had the right of way I cut him off. Problem was by his vehicle and tire position, tinted front blinker lens and position of the sun I had no clue of his intentions. Dude decided to follow me a few blocks honking and flipping me off. I eventually stopped to see if he really wanted to pursue the issue further and like I was taught years ago you either get out of the vehicle or stay in it but never get caught in a position where the door becomes a weapon so when I stopped I came right out of the truck and could see the guys was very pissed so as I moved along the bed of the pickup I deposited my hat, shades, glasses and watch on the bed cover. By the time I hit the back of my pickup the guy was out of his car but by the change in his demeanor I can only assume he had been in a fight or two and recognized by my actions that I was more then willing to bust a few knuckles on his face, I'm sure my size helped as well. He backed up a couple steps and said I cut him off, I indicated I probably did then asked if his front blinker worked which he said it did and turned it on. I told him that he should go back to the intersection turn his blinker on, walk across the road and see just how well the blinker showed up in the current lighting conditions due to him defeating a major safety feature just because he thinks it looks cool. That was the end of things as it was obvious that he realized I was not a guy to push around so I walked back to my pickup and left. Later that night I pulled my dash cam card and watched the video, if we would have swapped paint I would have most likely been in the right because the video showed no indication that his blinker was on. I am now more cautious when I'm in the same situation with another vehicle that has cool tinted blinker lenses but if they are in fact turning they will most likely get the what the hell raised hand gesture.

Reactions
Hey Muddydogs,

Good description of why at least some safety features should be left as designed. That and not wanting to get beat up. :)

Cheers,

Ron

Dave G ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
I would also say please don't cover them with anything. By law all vehicles must have reflectors in the rear for safety. Some you don't notice as they are built into the actual taillights.

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
A couple years ago I pulled up to a stop sign at a side street intersection, there was a car stopped before me across the intersection that started to cross and I started to move. The guy slammed on his brakes, honked and gave me the finger I of course saluted him back and kept moving. Dude decided to follow me a few blocks honking and flipping me off. I eventually stopped to see if he really wanted to pursue the issue further and like I was taught years ago you either get out of the vehicle or stay in it but never get caught in a position where the door becomes a weapon so when I stopped I came right out of the truck and could see the guys was very pissed so as I moved along the bed of the pickup I deposited my hat, shades, glasses and watch on the bed cover. By the time I hit the back of my pickup the guy was out of his car but by the change in his demeanor I can only assume he had been in a fight or two and recognized by my actions that I was more then willing to bust a few knuckles on his face, I'm sure my size helped as well. That was the end of things as it was obvious that he realized I was not a guy to push around I am now more cautious when I'm in the same situation with another vehicle that has cool tinted blinker lenses but if they are in fact turning they will most likely get the what the hell raised hand gesture.
Great story, enjoyed your post. Sounds like something that would have happened in my younger days. At my age, I only have about 10 seconds of fight left in me. LOL

OP
Symetry

Symetry

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #10
As a geezer, I can't even run from a fight.
So I'll just shoot their ass.

I thought my tail lights were reflective also.

Guess not.

Jim

OP
Symetry

Symetry

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #12
I can't figure out how to skip a song to next song on Sirius .
If I touch the little > , it just opens up list of channels ,
I just don't know how to skip to next song .

Is it just me?

Jim

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Lamin-x makes a precut light tint that is super easy to install. I tinted mine myself...and I couldn’t possibly care less if someone doesn’t like it. 0B12C781-E69D-4970-A6BE-7C9FDD01D150.jpeg

OP
Symetry

Symetry

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #14
Thanks I'll look into that.

I just bought a roll of cheap (&10) tint film ,

I've done tint film before and was always able to get the bubbles out....not this time.

Jim

Last edited:
Reactions
Lamin-x makes a precut light tint that is super easy to install. I tinted mine myself...and I couldn’t possibly care less if someone doesn’t like it. View attachment 4559
Just did reverse portion right?

Reactions
That and the reflectors in the bumper he’s asking about.
Cool. Have had my eye on smoking the reverse portion. Will leave the reflectors red. Thx!

OP
Symetry

Symetry

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #18
I've tried to read the manual, but it's not very clear on this.

When , what , how does the front drive operate?

What do I have to do to activate it?

Or is it activated all time?

Jim

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
It’s automatic. There’s nothing to activate.

Reactions