Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

How to get rid of this annoying Sync pop-up message

_ATX_

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
2021 Explorer ST. Every time I start the car, about 1 minute later there's a pop-up on the screen that happens, usually while I'm driving:

"Location and connected vehicle/usage data collection active. Automatic software updates may also be On. See Settings to adjust and for info. Learn about data collection and use in the privacy notice on our website."

There is an "OK" button that will make it go away, or it goes away on its own after a few (annoying) seconds. But it's very distracting, and to some people I'm sure it could be distracting to the point of dangerous since it tends to pull your attention from the road. There really should never be a pop-up like that while you're driving unless there's something urgent enough to warrant distracting the driver. Is there a way to disable this pop-up? I've tried messing around with automatic update settings, but this pop-up keeps happening.

hbalek

Reactions
2021 Explorer ST. Every time I start the car, about 1 minute later there's a pop-up on the screen that happens, usually while I'm driving:

"Location and connected vehicle/usage data collection active. Automatic software updates may also be On. See Settings to adjust and for info. Learn about data collection and use in the privacy notice on our website."

There is an "OK" button that will make it go away, or it goes away on its own after a few (annoying) seconds. But it's very distracting, and to some people I'm sure it could be distracting to the point of dangerous since it tends to pull your attention from the road. There really should never be a pop-up like that while you're driving unless there's something urgent enough to warrant distracting the driver. Is there a way to disable this pop-up? I've tried messing around with automatic update settings, but this pop-up keeps happening.
This is part of the many problems if you have Sync version 22251. You run out of memory and the system resets every time you start up. There are many settings that revert to default and the pop-up is one of those. It hasn't happened to me more than a couple of times but other things happen every time I drive. Read the topic below for more discussion of these Sync issues. There is no fix until Ford comes out with new software which may be in the fall. I've had issues since April and they progressively get worse. A master reset helps for a few days or weeks and then it gets back to the same problems. The most annoying one is the Navigation map is only on the bottom half of the screen most of the time.

RTM

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
How do you turn off the data collection?