Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

How many people have had driver side heated seat issues?

Reactions
Taking my 2020 in for drivers side heated seat non functional. I found about 6 of us who have had this issue but not necessarily the reason for the failure posted.

Any insight? I also am looking for everyone to chime in to say who has or hasn’t had the issue. Don’t want to pay for repair when this should be warranty work. Bought the car in October 2020, 17k miles on it. I now have 51k miles on it but it is CPO.

regardless, out of bumper to bumper warranty.
LMK!

Last edited:

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Mine works great do far and love the feature.

DaveG ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Mine continues to work fine at 19K. I bought it brand new and I am against buying extended warranties, but that was because I knew I didn't need it with my Honda Accord. I might reconsider with the ST before I hit 36K.

OP
J
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Gbalaz scrappyzz2 kegsbdry cross88 all had driver side heated seat issue

John B

Reactions
Taking my 2020 in for drivers side heated seat non functional. I found about 6 of us who have had this issue but not necessarily the reason for the failure posted.

Any insight? I also am looking for everyone to chime in to say who has or hasn’t had the issue. Don’t want to pay for repair when this should be warranty work. Bought the car in October 2020, 17k miles on it. I now have 51k miles on it but it is CPO.

regardless, out of bumper to bumper warranty.
LMK!

John B

Reactions
I have had my 2020 Explorer ST since Feb 20…51k miles and the drivers heated seat just stopped working. Lights go on but no heat. All other seats are fine. I’ve checked fuses and glanced underneath the seat to spot anything obvious. No luck. Help!

Kirk ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Mine stopped working around 20k. Cooling didn't work either. Dealer replaced the heating element at no cost. (I've got a 100k warranty AND have a great service rep at my local dealer). As above, the lights came on, but there was no heat. It stopped without any warning signs. Good luck with the repair.

Reactions
My driver's side died at some point in the last year 23k on it, living in Houston it doesn't get used much especially this month but when we got to Memphis on Monday when it was 30* in the morning I wasn't very happy....

Will be taking it in when we get back

Edified

Reactions
My driver side heated seat just stopped working about a month ago (2020 ST with about 13k miles). The "heating element", per the dealer, had to get replaced. [Shrugs].
Lights turned on the dash, but no heat in the seat.
Took it in, replaced under warranty

Works fine now

ZRX61

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
I think I have the opposite problem. Part of the driver seat heats up when the heat is turned off & no lights are on.

LTR COLA

Reactions
7700 miles, drivers seat only partially working. Different zones heat up at different times. Cold seat, hot back, left cheek cold right thigh hot as hell. Its irritating in 30 degree weather. Have not taken it in yet. Drives seat heat always been a ford problem my 2017 f350 seat heat doesn't work. Before that my 06 f350 quite working.....etc. its a fucked up ford thing.

Reactions
My front heated seats aren't working either. Its weird the middle button for the massage randomly works. Today it didn't work at all , then a few minutes later it worked fine.

jokie

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I bought my 2020 Explorer ST in August 2019. It has a little over 30K miles. It's fun, but it's had nothing but problems. The driver's side seat heater just stopped working (lights do come on). The dealership keeps telling me it is working and I've been back twice already and it wasn't. That is typical for them as they fight me on every repair. I go back again tomorrow to meet with the service manager.

Reactions
I bought my 2020 Explorer ST in August 2019. It has a little over 30K miles. It's fun, but it's had nothing but problems. The driver's side seat heater just stopped working (lights do come on). The dealership keeps telling me it is working and I've been back twice already and it wasn't. That is typical for them as they fight me on every repair. I go back again tomorrow to meet with the service manager.
Funny u posted this today as I just got my truck back from a ten day stay from the dealership with the same problem. They changed two pigtails for the intermittent massage seat problem, the heating element in the driver's seat and a module. Supposedly it's all good, ill let you know.....

KegsBdry

Reactions
Funny u posted this today as I just got my truck back from a ten day stay from the dealership with the same problem. They changed two pigtails for the intermittent massage seat problem, the heating element in the driver's seat and a module. Supposedly it's all good, ill let you know.....
My passenger side heater just failed (again). Is this covered if you have the Ford Extended Service Plan?

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
My passenger side heater just failed (again). Is this covered if you have the Ford Extended Service Plan?
It should be, Ford ESP also covers loaners too while your vehicle is in for warranty repairs.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
The only problem I have is it seems more times than not seat heating and steering wheel heat is turned on when I get in. Other than that it gets pretty hot when I want it to.

KegsBdry

Reactions
The only problem I have is it seems more times than not seat heating and steering wheel heat is turned on when I get in. Other than that it gets pretty hot when I want it to.
If you are remote starting your vehicle than the vehicle looks at the outside temperature and determines if the steering wheel heater & seat heater/cooler should be turned on or not.

KegsBdry

Reactions
It should be, Ford ESP also covers loaners too while your vehicle is in for warranty repairs.
That's good to know. Thank you!

Does anyone else have an issue with the seat cooler making a high pitched sound until you cycle it off/on again?

Explorer ST Posts