Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Hit and run already at 1000 miles

Blk_Ravn_ST

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Wife had someone hit and run yesterday already. People suck. Guess that will be one way to delete the front license plate bracket. Guess I gotta find the positive out of the negative. Atleast no damage to main body. Just the front skin will need replacing. Still sucks.

Attachments

Reactions
I’m so sorry, this is one of my biggest fears

I invested in the OwlCam to record people that may do this but it no longer works after they went bust and I worry about my car all the time (everywhere I park is public).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Ouch sorry to see. It looks really minor, I would just pay out of pocket rather than go through the insurance and risking a record on Carfax.

Reactions
That definitely sucks. After you get it painted, throw some clear paint protection film on it and nobody will ever know.

Reactions
Sorry to hear that! I was in a hit and run 3 weeks from taking delivery of my fusion sport in 2017.

Frustrating... I didn’t even hit 100 km on the car.

OP
Blk_Ravn_ST

Blk_Ravn_ST

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #6
Sorry to hear that! I was in a hit and run 3 weeks from taking delivery of my fusion sport in 2017.

Frustrating... I didn’t even hit 100 km on the car.

No doubt. We’ll see how things go with insurance repairs. Uncle owns a body shop so we’re going for replacing front bumper skin and deleting the license plate mount holes. We’ll see how it goes.

Reactions
No doubt. We’ll see how things go with insurance repairs. Uncle owns a body shop so we’re going for replacing front bumper skin and deleting the license plate mount holes. We’ll see how it goes.
All the best!

Reactions
sucks dude. sorry to hear. dont go through insurance, itll show an accident on the record. Ours got hit 11 days after we bought it, had 248 miles on it. 6K worth of damage from some drunk bitch. still fighting with insurance over reduced value claim.

Reactions
In Canada there’s no such thing for “reduced value claim” which is bs

Reactions
sucks dude. sorry to hear. dont go through insurance, itll show an accident on the record. Ours got hit 11 days after we bought it, had 248 miles on it. 6K worth of damage from some drunk bitch. still fighting with insurance over reduced value claim.
Don't give up either. When someone hit my Focus RS they offered $1500 diminished value, after going back and forth for nearly two months they finally offered $3500.

Reactions
Don't give up either. When someone hit my Focus RS they offered $1500 diminished value, after going back and forth for nearly two months they finally offered $3500.
never give up, CA law gives 3 years to settle the dispute. i think its eventually going to go to court.

Reactions
I always chse them down while cussing at the cops to hurry up... just a tip, if you tell the operator you have a gun the cops will show up faster.

OP
Blk_Ravn_ST

Blk_Ravn_ST

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #13
It actually is working out ok. Because it was a hit and a in with unknown who did it; it falls under the under insured motorist portion of insurance. The deductible is resulted from 500 to 300 and they gave me 50$ more than the body shop quoted me. They’ll cover a rental as well. Overall pretty good experience with Safeco. Much better than when I had farmers in past.

OP
Blk_Ravn_ST

Blk_Ravn_ST

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #14
We’re back from the shop and the bumper came from factory with no bumper holes. Was able to get whole bumper replaced so she’s all smooth with no holes. Haven’t seen one out and about that wasn’t drilled from the factory yet so that kind of cool. Unfortunate it had to come from someone Damaging it but in the end it worked out well.

Attachments

Reactions
We’re back from the shop and the bumper came from factory with no bumper holes. Was able to get whole bumper replaced so she’s all smooth with no holes. Haven’t seen one out and about that wasn’t drilled from the factory yet so that kind of cool. Unfortunate it had to come from someone Damaging it but in the end it worked out well.
That looks mint! Kind of want a black st now ... I have an atlas blue on order

OP
Blk_Ravn_ST

Blk_Ravn_ST

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #16
That looks mint! Kind of want a black st now ... I have an atlas blue on order

Thanks bro. It’s a love hate relationship having black up here in Washington.

Reactions
Dang it, thought I had had the only black one with no holes or plates on the front (factory)

OP
Blk_Ravn_ST

Blk_Ravn_ST

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #18
Dang it, thought I had had the only black one with no holes or plates on the front (factory)

We’re probably the only ones. Haven’t seen any others. The bumper plugs are pretty small but I def like the smooth bumper.