Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

High performance brakes

Reactions
Anyone order the High Performance Brakes? Are they worth the extra money.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
It’s just different pads on the Street Pack brakes. You can buy them at the dealer for less than 1/2 the “package” price when ordering.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
I did, and definitely not worth the money. They squealed horribly and I couldn't tell there was any additional power or less fade. They are a dealer installed item and my dealer had tossed my normal street pack brake pads on my back seat. I reinstalled them almost immediately. Just save your pennies for an actual BBK kit.

IMG_2361.JPG
IMG_2359.JPG
IMG_2360.JPG

Reactions
To second zdubyadubya's experience, there is no difference in performance under daily driving and very little if any under aggressive driving. The only difference is they do squeak in cold weather. My dealer never got around to installing the high performance before I bought it (Oct 2020), so I went through my first winter with the stock street pads and put the high performance on later that spring. This year, as soon as temps started to get below 45ish in the fall, they started squeaking.

So in conclusion, no, I personally don't think they are worth the extra ~$600.

PR3CIS3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
I did, and definitely not worth the money. They squealed horribly and I couldn't tell there was any additional power or less fade. They are a dealer installed item and my dealer had tossed my normal street pack brake pads on my back seat. I reinstalled them almost immediately. Just save your pennies for an actual BBK kit.

View attachment 8839
View attachment 8840
View attachment 8841
What is the BBK you have on yours?

BillBeau

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
21 ST
I have them and mine dont squeal at all. Never have. For me, they do stop very well.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
What is the BBK you have on yours?
SuperForged. They were a 1 of 2 custom collaboration with @Brucecris Get in touch with him to see if he had any further thoughts about selling a kit

PR3CIS3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
Thank you!