Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Help with fitment!

Reactions
Need help with wheel fitment please from those that know waaaay more than I do on the subject.....I’m only as good as I can goolge and read on here from you guys! :ROFLMAO:
Will these fit - will I need a spacer?
22”x10.5 +35offset 72.6mmCB
5x114.3 bolt circle.

what tire is recommended? Anything else I need to know or recommendations??

I’ve got the H&R springs already installed.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Yes it will fit. The tire sidewall will be roughly 1/4” inside the fender lip. +30-32 is what you would want for a more flush fit.
A 305/40 is gonna be really tight when turning and possibly rub the fender liner but will clear everything else.
A 305/35 will 100% clear everything with no rubbing.

OP
sleekone
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Yes it will fit. The tire sidewall will be roughly 1/4” inside the fender lip. +30-32 is what you would want for a more flush fit.
A 305/40 is gonna be really tight when turning and possibly rub the fender liner but will clear everything else.
A 305/35 will 100% clear everything with no rubbing.
Will I have clearance issues - like have to drive stupid slow over speed bumps and stuff..?(not that I fly over them anyway!)
1/4” inside the fenders I can live with for off the rack.
ill I need spacers?

A few local shops around here keep pushing back on me saying it’s not possible but I think they just don’t know or don’t want to!

OP
sleekone
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Pirelli Scorpion Zero 305/35R22 would fit then..?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Any 305/35/22 will clear. Pirelli, Continental and Lexani all make that size...the Lexani being cheapest by a large margin. You won’t have any clearance issues...that size tire is .3” shorter than the oem 21’s which is nothing.
If you use camber as another tool to dial in fitment like I do...this is a +30 10.5 on a 305/35 with rear camber set at -.5*
I also have the H&R springs.
55DCCB6E-E7D3-4618-B458-8481CB6F9770.jpeg

OP
sleekone
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Any 305/35/22 will clear. Pirelli, Continental and Lexani all make that size...the Lexani being cheapest by a large margin. You won’t have any clearance issues...that size tire is .3” shorter than the oem 21’s which is nothing.
If you use camber as another tool to dial in fitment like I do...this is a +30 10.5 on a 305/35 with rear camber set at -.5*
View attachment 1528
Awesome! Thanks for the help on this - your truck looks friggen sweet!

OP
sleekone
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
Awesome! Thanks for the help on this - your truck looks friggen sweet!
Will I need spacers with a 305/35? I think I saw you mention you’re using 1/4” spacers in another post..or maybe I’m mistaken...

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Will I need spacers with a 305/35? I think I saw you mention you’re using 1/4” spacers in another post..or maybe I’m mistaken...
I bought some just in case but like I mentioned before I used the rear camber to dial in how the wheel fit. That’s just a preference thing… Has nothing to do with necessity.

OP
sleekone
Reactions
Thread Starter #9
I bought some just in case but like I mentioned before I used the rear camber to dial in how the wheel fit. That’s just a preference thing… Has nothing to do with necessity.
Thanks - still new to wheel fitment. This is one of the first SUVs I’ve had that I think deserve a new set! I had a 2014 Explorer Sport before this but never got around to having fun with it like this!

OP
sleekone
Reactions
Thread Starter #10
View attachment 1528
Found a set of Lexani LX-Twenty 305/35R22 110 XL for stupid cheap compared to everything else available. Will these work?