Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Help with auto stop.

Kurtisblo

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 explorer st
I used to step on brake and the car wouldn’t roll forward. Now all of a sudden it doesn’t do it anymore. I just get the “a” with the line through it. Thanks

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
Not super clear on what you're asking.
-Are you asking what the icon is for the Auto Stop/Start?
-or asking why it's not working?
-Asking about the brake hold function?

Did you hit the button to turn either of them off? You could be in a different drive mode. Sport mode disengages the stop/start.

OP
K

Kurtisblo

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 explorer st
Thread Starter #3
Sorry. I’m asking why this might have changed. Brake hold function not working. No settings were touched
I just use Normal mode.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Have you tried turning it back on?

hbalek

Reactions
Sorry. I’m asking why this might have changed. Brake hold function not working. No settings were touched
I just use Normal mode.
You probably turned it off. There's a button on the center console.

DaveG ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
The A with the line through it has nothing to do with the brake hold feature. Just tap the button with the hand in the middle of the circle and it should work fine.

OP
K

Kurtisblo

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 explorer st
Thread Starter #8
You probably turned it off. There's a button on the center console.
I’m an idiot. Thank you all

OP
K

Kurtisblo

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 explorer st
Thread Starter #10
The A with the line through it has nothing to do with the brake hold feature. Just tap the button with the hand in the middle of the circle and it should work fine.
Brain fart. Thanks for making me see

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Laughing at yourself is a sign you are not a total ahole. Welcome to the club! I do retarded stuff all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST, Silver Spruce Metalic
Brain fart. Thanks for making me see
Don't feel bad. While I was test driving my ST and the engine quit at a stop light, I paniced! The salesman said everyone new to Auto Stop/Start does the same thing. LOL :ROFLMAO:

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ford explorer st
So I bought my ST used with 9k miles. I've put about 800 on since owning. One thing I've noticed is I've never had the auto start stop feature work. I hate this feature so I don't mind. But is there a reason this feature has never worked? Could the previous owner before me have done something to deactivate it. I've searched all over the info screen and can't seem to find anything on it. I see the actual button though?

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
So I bought my ST used with 9k miles. I've put about 800 on since owning. One thing I've noticed is I've never had the auto start stop feature work. I hate this feature so I don't mind. But is there a reason this feature has never worked? Could the previous owner before me have done something to deactivate it. I've searched all over the info screen and can't seem to find anything on it. I see the actual button though?
Previous owner probably installed an auto stop eliminator. It installs in the steering column.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ford explorer st
Okay thank you!

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Or the battery could be low on charge and causing it not to work.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Do you drive in Sport Mode? Stop/Start is turned off in this mode.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ford explorer st
Battery is charged and drive the car 99% of the time in normal mode. I see in sports mode it's always off.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Do you get this icon when you come to a stop? 1701990522700.jpeg

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Rapid Red ST
If the auto stop eliminator was installed, just press the button and it will turn back on.