Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

HELP! FP Tune issue

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST Carbonized Gray
I got this fixed recently. I emailed ford performance with my issue (same as everyone else here) and they eventually referred me to one of their calibration engineers. He was able to remote into my computer / procal. My procal still had my tune on it but for whatever reason the update made the software not show it / hide it. He was able to edit a couple of files internal to the procal and now everything is back to working. No need to go to a dealer / reflash / get new tune credits / bla bla bla. A+ ford performance customer service.
Same thing happened to me, but looks like it happened again. I will have them fix it again then I will never connect the ProCal device to a computer again lol!

SmittysST

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 FORD Explorer ST
Wow! Strange that an update is causing these issues. I think the idea of returning to stock prior to taking on an update seems to be the safest route!!!

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST Carbonized Gray
I got this fixed recently. I emailed ford performance with my issue (same as everyone else here) and they eventually referred me to one of their calibration engineers. He was able to remote into my computer / procal. My procal still had my tune on it but for whatever reason the update made the software not show it / hide it. He was able to edit a couple of files internal to the procal and now everything is back to working. No need to go to a dealer / reflash / get new tune credits / bla bla bla. A+ ford performance customer service.
I just had a Ford calibration engineer restore both of my files on my ProCal device for the second time, it only took about 10 minutes on the phone with remote access to my laptop.. When I asked about the issue he said he would attempt to recreate it and report to the engineers about a possible fix. But in the meantime he suggested not to connect the device to a pc anymore. I just want the stock tune available for towing if needed.

Explorer ST Posts