Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Hello from Western NY!

SkyPilot6

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I'm James from Rochester NY, I just picked up a used 2020 ST in Rapid Red with 16,000 mi 2 days ago. I'm coming from a 2011 Edge SEL, it had 122,500mi and served me well over 6.5 years of ownership. But given its age and mileage it was getting annoying fixing all the little things that had started to break or fail, like the Backup Camera died, Dead TPMS Sensors, Oil pressure switch, Wheel bearings, Belt Tensioner, ect ect ect. The ST is a huge and welcome upgrade from my Edge. I also own a 2007 Focus ZX3 SE which is my Airport car for work, its got a 5 speed which makes it fun, but its very slow, especially compared to the ST.

I have already placed a small order on Lethal Performance for an aFe drop in filter, ECU cover, Redline Hood Struts, and Mishimoto Catch Can. This should hold over my Modding habit for a little bit, but I do plan a full exhaust and tune in the future as well as Wheels and possibly Suspension. It's still winter up here, as soon as it warms up she will be off to the detail shop to get Ceramic Coated.

I have spent years on many different online forums, I have spent over a decade as moderator on focusfanatics.com and its nice to come here and see a more active community than what the focus one has become. Lots of good information I've found on here so far, It had already helped me make decisions about my ST, I look forward to spending some time here when I can. [lovest]

Attachments

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Congrats and welcome aboard

Reactions
Congrats and welcome, I was on focusfanatics for awhile back in the early 2000s.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the forum

OP
SkyPilot6

SkyPilot6

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #9
Congrats and welcome, I was on focusfanatics for a while back in the early 2000s.
What focus did you have back then?

I joined back in 2005. I had a 2004 SE Sedan. The forum was very busy back then I knew the owner personally and it was one of the top forums on the internet, it's almost a ghost town now.
DSCN0085.JPG

Reactions
What focus did you have back then?

I joined back in 2005. I had a 2004 SE Sedan. The forum was very busy back then I knew the owner personally and it was one of the top forums on the internet, it's almost a ghost town now.
View attachment 10557

That focus looks sharp, I had a 2000 ZX3 with a few focussport mods back in the days.

Reactions
I'm James from Rochester NY, I just picked up a used 2020 ST in Rapid Red with 16,000 mi 2 days ago. I'm coming from a 2011 Edge SEL, it had 122,500mi and served me well over 6.5 years of ownership. But given its age and mileage it was getting annoying fixing all the little things that had started to break or fail, like the Backup Camera died, Dead TPMS Sensors, Oil pressure switch, Wheel bearings, Belt Tensioner, ect ect ect. The ST is a huge and welcome upgrade from my Edge. I also own a 2007 Focus ZX3 SE which is my Airport car for work, its got a 5 speed which makes it fun, but its very slow, especially compared to the ST.

I have already placed a small order on Lethal Performance for an aFe drop in filter, ECU cover, Redline Hood Struts, and Mishimoto Catch Can. This should hold over my Modding habit for a little bit, but I do plan a full exhaust and tune in the future as well as Wheels and possibly Suspension. It's still winter up here, as soon as it warms up she will be off to the detail shop to get Ceramic Coated.

I have spent years on many different online forums, I have spent over a decade as moderator on focusfanatics.com and its nice to come here and see a more active community than what the focus one has become. Lots of good information I've found on here so far, It had already helped me make decisions about my ST, I look forward to spending some time here when I can. [lovest]
You picked up our 2020 in Rapid Red. Im in sales at dave smith ford haha! Nice ride and congrats.

Shepdog722

Reactions

James, I am James as well, also from Rochester, NY; I have a 2020 Explorer ST, Gray, picked up in November with 9300 miles. Mods: Whipple Intercooler, MBRP catback exhaust, ZFG 93 Octane tune.
Welcome!

OP
SkyPilot6

SkyPilot6

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #14
James, I am James as well, also from Rochester, NY; I have a 2020 Explorer ST, Gray, picked up in November with 9300 miles. Mods: Whipple Intercooler, MBRP catback exhaust, ZFG 93 Octane tune.
Welcome!
Hello James! How do you like your MBRP Exhaust? I had one on my focus and loved it so thats what im currently leaning towards. If you'd be willing to meet up at some point so I can hear and see what you got send me a PM.

OP
SkyPilot6

SkyPilot6

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #15
You picked up our 2020 in Rapid Red. Im in sales at dave smith ford haha! Nice ride and congrats.
Small world! I worked with Carmen on this deal, she was great and easy to deal with! Anything on this particular ST that I should keep an eye on that you might know of?

Shepdog722

Reactions
Hello James! How do you like your MBRP Exhaust? I had one on my focus and loved it so thats what im currently leaning towards. If you'd be willing to meet up at some point so I can hear and see what you got send me a PM.
The exhaust has great note, however it does have a loud drone at certain RPM's. From what I've seen on here, it appearsThermal exhaust does not. I live in the N Winton/Atlantic Ave area.