Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Hello from Texas!

ccdfwa

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST
Hello from Texas!

I’m in the process of purchasing my first ST… I’m moving from a sporty 2-door car to an SUV and that in itself is a big change, but I’m excited to have the extra room. I had located one that I have put a deposit on, but then realized it was 2WD. I haven’t been able to actually test drive a 2WD so not sure how it compares to the 4WD. Any thoughts on this? I also noticed that the ST Driving Experience doesn’t seem to be included with the 2WD and I was looking forward to that.

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Welcome aboard! I wasn't even aware that ST Driving Experience excluded the 2WD models.

Here's a great thread that discuses the pros and cons of 2WD https://www.explorerst.org/threads/rwd-st.3090/

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I love the extra stability and traction the 4WD offers. Has been my preference on all of the past 6 vehicles purchased. Especially nice when it rains.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Welcome!

Reactions
Welcome