Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Hello all from Montana!

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Got my 2022 ST a couple days before Christmas, having ordered it in August. Loving it and have signed up for the ST Experience in Park City UT in July. As of Thursday, I have been noticing a horrible squealing from the drivers’ side rear wheel, I think. It happens at low speeds and notice it most when I am near buildings and pulling into my driveway. Has anyone noticed this happening on theirs. I have just over 1300 miles on it and an appointment for April 4th with the dealership. Very much enjoying the forum! I should also add that I live on a gravel road, so maybe part of it.

Last edited:

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
First that comes to mind is a possible pebble between rotor and brake pad. Look for scoring on the rotor.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Welcome. Agree on the possible pebble. Hit your brakes hard from around 60mph to 20 a few times in a row. This will help cook off any bedding material and possibly the impediment if there is one. BE CAREFUL as your brakes should and will fade bad towards the end of your few hard stops. Once you do this, let the rotors cool for about 5 minutes of driving then do about 6-8 moderate 40-10mph stops with about 45 seconds cool down in between to re-bed your brakes

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Congrats and welcome aboard

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the forum.

OP
Bonnie Mae
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #7
Thank you all for the welcome and the advice. I’m thinking it’s a pebble also. Will update soon.