Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Heater takes a very long time to start warming

GTP

Reactions
I actually took it to the dealer to check this. My first thought was that the thermostat might be stuck open but the service guy said it was definitely not stuck, otherwise it would have thrown codes. The coolant temp gets to just short of halfway in the normal amount of time like 10 minutes but it takes 20 minutes before it starts to blow warm air and it is warm, not hot. It blows cold before that and that’s with the climate control at the highest setting (Hi). If I stop, shut down and get back in a few minutes later, it seems to blow warmer but still not very hot. The dealer said that they reprogrammed the HVAC but I see no difference. How is yours working?
What is your build date?

OP
JohnE
Reactions
Thread Starter #22
What is your build date?
A lot has transpired since I started this thread. The build date on the ST that I had the heater problem with was 8/2019. Ford bought that Explorer back and I got a new one with a build date of 2/2020. They really took a stand up position with this problem I had which actually didn’t turn out to be the heater core after all. They took the entire inside of the car apart only to find out that the heater hoses were Installed incorrectly.