Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Headlight Water Condensation

BigAnt75

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Was washing my the ST this afternoon and I saw soap in the headlight housing..has this happened to anyone else before as this is the first time I’m seeing it on my car. Is this something I need to worry about and take into the dealer??

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I would be taking it in. Hope you can get it covered under warranty.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I noticed this recently too but it seems to drain out in a hurry. My headlights have not had a problem with condensation lingering so Im guessing this is normal?

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I doubt it's normal. That soap bubble won't drain out. It will dry there and leave a film. In time it will only cloud the lens. I would go straight to service and show it to them ASAP.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Yeah, they should stand behind this. It isn't a little condensation the goes away, it will cloud the lens over time.

ARC

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST Black
I have the driver side fog light with lots of condensation and it is a bit loose.
Going in Thursday for them to look at it, we will see what hey say.
I'm glad I didnt put the intercooler in yet because you know those bastards at the dealer would try to make an issue of it rather than faulting Ford for the bad fit.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
These have been known to have condensation in them. Took mine in to dealer they told me it was not a problem the headlights have holes to vent. Hope this helps you out.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Found some shoddy sealant in the inside top of the driver's headlight. Used some sealant to close it up. 3561F3D3-B62C-4721-BE05-8839F24B4DF8.jpeg

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
These have been known to have condensation in them. Took mine in to dealer they told me it was not a problem the headlights have holes to vent. Hope this helps you out.
Pomp
Found answer in my owner's manual on page 86 under lights.