Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

has anyone swapped out their factory sub for the Pioneer TS-A2000LD2 ?

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
'23 ExST, '17 Raptor, '16 FoST, FFR Cobra
did a similar swap but with a Kicker DVC in my 2016 Focus ST - the difference was pretty noticeable

yes, I know we can put a box with a sub in the back but wanting to keep it all stealth, and not use up any storage space

Pioneer TS-A2000LD2

1678833421815.png

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Pull the oem sub out and measure the enclosure volume, Port diameter and length…then you can see if the specs of that sub will work with the oem enclosure. Chances are it won’t. There’s actually a lot of room behind the trim panel once you remove the oem enclosure…I’ve told people since these came out the better option is to relocate the factory amp that’s mounted to the sub enclosure and build your own to take its place using the factory mounting points. The results would be infinitely better than slapping a sub into a ported enclosure of unknown dimensions.

OP
Toadster

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #3
the reason I picked the Pioneer above is because it's pretty flexible, can be sealed or open-air installed, and the design space is about .5 cu/ft
granted you probably won't win SQ championships, but then again like you said, you'd build for that setup...

I'm honestly not that displeased with the B&O setup, but I know the OEM speakers are usually paper junk...

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Don't have any experience with the sub you are looking into but have you considered putting one of these in your spare tire. You would need to flip the spare tire over, or take it out, in order for this to work. I am waiting on the right time to do this as my wife is tired of me spending money on her car...lol

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0861JBRKC/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_3?smid=&psc=1

1678883348575.png

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Don't have any experience with the sub you are looking into but have you considered putting one of these in your spare tire. You would need to flip the spare tire over, or take it out, in order for this to work. I am waiting on the right time to do this as my wife is tired of me spending money on her car...lol

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0861JBRKC/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_3?smid=&psc=1

View attachment 16930
I've been skeptical of the spare tire solutions but that thing has had great reviews!!

HMuldrew

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
@Toadster there's plenty of room back there if you remove the OEM sub. The sound shop I went to removed everything behind there, and mounted my amp inside there like @UNBROKEN suggested.
The only thing I was told, and there's not enough data out yet to double check, is the B&O system, or software is different in the 23' model. So if you do line this sub into the amp, it might be different from the 20-22' models.

OP
Toadster

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #7

View attachment 16930
that looks pretty good! hopefully the spare will be like my last 3 vehicles and just stay in the car... probably expire before used :)

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
that looks pretty good! hopefully the spare will be like my last 3 vehicles and just stay in the car... probably expire before used :)
There seems to be plenty of threads out there about changing the sub out , but so far I have not heard of ONE person who put one of these in to give us a opinion on them! I think they r a cool idea to put it in that space but dont see if its for me ! You would have to remove thew old sub anyway and there is ,from what I'm hearing plenty of room to add a 10 inch sub in there no probs so why not put the sub back into that spot??? Also does anyone know whats in the spot across from where the factory sub is now ?? It looks by looking through the vents like there may be some room in there as well...

OP
Toadster

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #9
There seems to be plenty of threads out there about changing the sub out , but so far I have not heard of ONE person who put one of these in to give us a opinion on them! I think they r a cool idea to put it in that space but dont see if its for me ! You would have to remove thew old sub anyway and there is ,from what I'm hearing plenty of room to add a 10 inch sub in there no probs so why not put the sub back into that spot??? Also does anyone know whats in the spot across from where the factory sub is now ?? It looks by looking through the vents like there may be some room in there as well...
I think a lot of replacing the existing sub is getting to it... IMHO there's a lot to remove to get to it

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
But if your gonna do it , why not do it right ? But yea I get it ...