Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Has anyone shopped for blacked out emblems?

Reactions
I’m planning to color match mine carb gray. But I’ve seen people do the DIY with good results. But it requires taking the badge apart. I’ll probably buy the OEM emblem and just take my time with the process. The vinyl never looks right to me. Like if you squint a little it looks okay.
agreed, I did the painted. I have the sticker on the steering wheel, and IMO looks like shit and I hate it.

SOUTHFLST

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
agreed, I did the painted. I have the sticker on the steering wheel, and IMO looks like shit and I hate it.
Yeah. It’s kinda like the look of plastidip. It does the job, but not something I’d want to live with. Especially if you have high standards. Some people may like it. More power to them. But a side by side comparison makes the choice obvious.

Reactions
Fresh out of the box Emblem City... Anyone have any issues with the coating holding up on these?

Reactions
Vehicle
Ford Explorer
Yup, my rear one is flaking off around the outside edge. Was able to fix with a little gloss touch up paint at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Yup, my rear one is flaking off around the outside edge. Was able to fix with a little gloss touch up paint at least.

Interesting, How long have you had them on? I'd figure the front would have issues before the back

Reactions
Vehicle
Ford Explorer
I haven’t even done the front yet. Just got my Whipple so I didn’t want to pull the bumper twice. Once I’d enough of a pain. I’ve had it in about 3 weeks.

Reactions
I haven’t even done the front yet. Just got my Whipple so I didn’t want to pull the bumper twice. Once I’d enough of a pain. I’ve had it in about 3 weeks.

3 weeks and it's on the back of the truck?! Not what I wanted to hear on a set of emblems. You have to be pissed

Reactions
Vehicle
Ford Explorer
3 weeks and it's on the back of the truck?! Not what I wanted to hear on a set of emblems. You have to be pissed
Annoyed to say the least.

Dora_ST

Reactions

AFidanza

Reactions
Anyone else have issues with emblems from emblem city? Mine are coming Saturday.

dondco36

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
It seems like a lot of folks on this site aren't huge fans of the emblem overlays. Is it better to buckle down and go for the OEM blacked out ones that potentially require removal of the bumper? Or is it worth giving the overlays a try and seeing how they hold up?

Dora_ST

Reactions
It seems like a lot of folks on this site aren't huge fans of the emblem overlays. Is it better to buckle down and go for the OEM blacked out ones that potentially require removal of the bumper? Or is it worth giving the overlays a try and seeing how they hold up?

These are the ones I ordered (posted like above). Haven’t installed yet because the ST is at CPE for R&D on exhaust and intercooler. I’ll post up as soon as I get it back

dondco36

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
If your household has a Cricut and you have some patience, you can make one for just the cost of vinyl.

These are the ones I ordered (posted like above). Haven’t installed yet because the ST is at CPE for R&D on exhaust and intercooler. I’ll post up as soon as I get it back
Do you know if you'll have to pop the bumper AND drill new holes? or are they going to fit right in where the other comes out?

Reactions
I had success getting factory OEM color matched to Explorer from ford. I have had them over a year now with no issues. These were pricey, a little over $650 for the Ford badges and ST badges combined. But I think it is well worth it. I would recommend talking to your local ford dealership to see if they can order them for you. In my opinion the overlays look cheap and won’t last.

Attachments

Pj4675

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 explorer st
If your household has a Cricut and you have some patience, you can make one for just the cost of vinyl.
You have the file used to make these on the cricut? Would love to not have to put all the work in if not needed.

Reactions
You have the file used to make these on the cricut? Would love to not have to put all the work in if not needed.
i do! let me figure out how to export it from Cricut and I'll upload

Reactions
Vehicle
BMW X5, Black 2020 ST
Love mine. Didn’t have to take the whole bumper off. Took the advice of some on here and just pulled one side loose to get to the emblem.
Part #?