Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Has anyone shopped for blacked out emblems?

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
lots have. the outfits are going to be either the one you linked above, OEM auto art, or a vinyl overlay.

Reactions
I have the full OEM Auto Art set. Nice pieces but $$$.

Reactions
If your household has a Cricut and you have some patience, you can make one for just the cost of vinyl.

Attachments

Reactions
Reactions
did you go with the emblem city ones? id like to know if there is a quality difference between OEMautoart and emblem city
I don't have any experience with emblem city, but I have the full set of OEM Auto Art ones and they're all top notch, but definitely spendy.

OP
W
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
Reactions
How do the Emblem overlays hold up overtime? Also if I decide to go with the actual black emblem, does any one have install instructions for the front? Im debating on a decal or full replacement in the front, The back I'm going with a full replacement since it is a fairly easy swap.

Reactions
The front o
How do the Emblem overlays hold up overtime? Also if I decide to go with the actual black emblem, does any one have install instructions for the front? Im debating on a decal or full replacement in the front, The back I'm going with a full replacement since it is a fairly easy swap.
the front one comes with a template for the new holes needed

Reactions
Replacing the front emblem sounds way more complicated than it is. There's a video on youtube of someone removing the front end on an interceptor, then there's just two small plastic nuts that hold it on.

TCST

Reactions
Emblem city. Really nice quality, required drilling 2 holes behind the factory badge. Install went fine, removing the bumper is simple if you’ve ever done it before. The most annoying were the 2 hard to reach 10mm on each side that attaches the front fascia to the quarters but with a small socket wrench it’s easy enough.

Attachments

Reactions
Replacing the front emblem sounds way more complicated than it is. There's a video on youtube of someone removing the front end on an interceptor, then there's just two small plastic nuts that hold it on.
Yes correct, but accessing those two bolts requires pulling the front end. I have seen, but didn't do it myself, just using a template and drilling through the factory emblem to separate it from those studs. Then just 3m Trim Taping the new emblem in place.
I did the Intercooler, so swapped the front emblem when I did that frontend removal.

Reactions
Hey All, new here and don't technically own an ST yet but it's on order as of last Friday!! I currently have vinyl overlays on my 2011 Edge and they have held up remarkably well. They've been on the car for 8 years, been through Northeast winters, countless carwashes and still look fantastic!

I'm planning on getting overlays for my 2021 ST once delivered, just not sure color scheme yet.
-Russ

Reactions
Yes correct, but accessing those two bolts requires pulling the front end. I have seen, but didn't do it myself, just using a template and drilling through the factory emblem to separate it from those studs. Then just 3m Trim Taping the new emblem in place.
I did the Intercooler, so swapped the front emblem when I did that frontend removal.
I said it requires removing the bumper, my point was it isn't hard.

Reactions
Vehicle
Ford Explorer
Has anyone replaced the rear with the black emblem. Trying to figure out if I need to remove the rear deck lid cover, and if so how. As in clip locations to pry off cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Has anyone replaced the rear with the black emblem. Trying to figure out if I need to remove the rear deck lid cover, and if so how. As in clip locations to pry off cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I posted on FB how I did the rear. I'd seen one person pry/damage sheetmetal, and that wasn't happening for me. I drilled the factory badge.
Hope this link helps

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ExplorerSTOwners/permalink/2951035858475131/

SOUTHFLST

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
I’m planning to color match mine carb gray. But I’ve seen people do the DIY with good results. But it requires taking the badge apart. I’ll probably buy the OEM emblem and just take my time with the process. The vinyl never looks right to me. Like if you squint a little it looks okay.

Explorer ST Posts