Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Has anyone reached out to Ford for the 3-month differed payment?

Reactions
I heard from a friend who recently purchased an Expedition that Ford is deferring car payments financed through them for 3 months. Has anyone tried reaching out to Ford Financing yet?

Reactions
I heard from a friend who recently purchased an Expedition that Ford is deferring car payments financed through them for 3 months. Has anyone tried reaching out to Ford Financing yet?
Just bought my ST Saturday. 0 APR for 72 months and no payment for 90 days.

IndyFEST

Reactions
I bought my ST a couple of weeks ago. Finance forgot to delay my payment for 3mo and I didn’t realize it until I got home. I called Ford Credit after that weekend and they gave me the 3mo over the phone. No hassles. I suggest calling them. They also offer 6mo delay but you will need to apply at dealership. Ford Credit won’t do it over the phone. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
robbybenson
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Thanks @IndyFEST, called Ford this morning they said they'll have someone call me back this week.

Reactions
do you need a legitimate reason or proof for this? i’ve actually been paying all my bills like normal.. but a little deferment here and there wouldn’t hurt.

OP
robbybenson
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
do you need a legitimate reason or proof for this? i’ve actually been paying all my bills like normal.. but a little deferment here and there wouldn’t hurt.
No legitimate reason, if you finance through Ford Credit they'll delay your payment

Reactions
Just got 72mo 0% with 3 months deferred on my new one today. Beats my 84mo 3.5% I previously had.

Reactions
do they defer the interest as well? If not it just causes more pain by deferring!

Reactions
do they defer the interest as well? If not it just causes more pain by deferring!
They'll defer the interest as well. Basically just moving the payments towards the end of the loan.

Reactions
Simultaneously cracks me up and irritates me how the "We'll make three payments" is handled. From Ford's site: "Offer to make three (3) payments is claimed as Ford Credit Bonus Cash." Dealers are just baking that into your negotiated bottom-line price and it's replacing another pre-COVID cash incentive. Nothing I'm seeing in the Twin Cities market is a better deal now than when I purchased in early January.

Blk_Ravn_ST

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Called my dealers yesterday. Only had for a week and they said that incentive is done.

Reactions
Just read this thread and decided to call FMC. I bought 2 ST's this past month and neither got deferred payments with 0%/72mths. The woman at Ford said the best she could do was defer one payment for each car. At least I got that. Thanks for the idea!

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Hell when I signed the papers on mine on 5/29 the paperwork they gave me said no payment was due until 9/29. I didn’t even know...or ask.

Blk_Ravn_ST

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I bought end of June and was told by dealer that ford stopped doing that offer. Just the zero for 72 now. Haven’t tried calling ford to inquire yet. Anyone else have any luck buying writhing last two to three weeks