Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Has anyone changed exhaust tips?

Reactions
Update.....just got these put on. Gross day here so will wait until tomorrow to polish them up, but shop did a great job on them. I was looking to fill out the rear a bit more without any added sound so this did perfectly for me. 20200508_104703.jpg 20200508_104658.jpg

So I'm wanting a bit more beefy look to the tips, just don't want any additional sound of a full on exhaust. Was thinking you get some tips and have an exhaust shop cut the old tips off and weld on something like these that I had done to my Audi. Anyone try this yet?

Last edited:
OP
G
Reactions
Thread Starter #2
Well, I guess not LOL. I may be the pioneer here. I don't really want a full exhaust as I don't want more sound out of a v6, but would like the tips to fill out the bumper a bit more. Going to order some and give it a shot.....will post an update once I get finished.

OP
G
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Ordered two different sets of tips, on their way wasn't sure which I would like (4 inch vs 3.5).......have appt in one week to have it done!

Reactions
Well, I guess not LOL. I may be the pioneer here. I don't really want a full exhaust as I don't want more sound out of a v6, but would like the tips to fill out the bumper a bit more. Going to order some and give it a shot.....will post an update once I get finished.
Theres one guy on the facebook group that did. It requires a sawzall but it looks really good with the tips he used!

OP
G
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Ok, so have appointment on Friday, and have two sets of tips and I'm torn.....

Both same basic design although different manufactuers, and one is 3.5 inch and the other 4.....thoughts?

I like the 4 just not sure if they are going to look too large or not (and they are quite a bit less expensive too) 20200505_170438.jpg 20200505_170456.jpg

Reactions
This is a pretty big car, go with the 4 inch I don’t think you’d be disappointed with either but even a cayane turbo has pretty big exhaust tips and that’s a smaller vehicle by comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
G
Reactions
Thread Starter #8
Thank you sir. That's what the wife says as well. The plus is the 4 inchers are 1/3 the price of the others which is also a win.

Reactions
Thank you sir. That's what the wife says as well. The plus is the 4 inchers are 1/3 the price of the others which is also a win.
What color is your ST? Google the carbon and black akrapovic tips, they look really good on a darker colored ST.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
G
Reactions
Thread Starter #10
It's rapid red. I saw those but figured I wanted some contrast so went with polished ones, I like a little bling lol

OP
G
Reactions
Thread Starter #11
Very pleased with the way they turned out updated the original post above

OP
G
Reactions
Thread Starter #14
All shined up, at least Rd 1 of polishing

20200509_111710.jpg 20200509_111659.jpg 20200509_111651.jpg

Reactions
Simple 4" black tips. Way past any desire to polish exhaust tips.