Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Has anyone added a powered sub? Any audio techs here?

AMineoST

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Mau
I picked up the ground in the back of the trunk, left side. There is a factory ground point available right on the floor tucked in the corner. I didn't do anything with forscan. Just wired, set the gain and done. Trunk rattling bass.
Could you send me a pic of your ground point? I think I used the same. Picked up a new amp and same issue. It seems like it happens most frequently on the highway when I'm on cruise or at speed not gassing it.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 explorer st
Mau

Could you send me a pic of your ground point? I think I used the same. Picked up a new amp and same issue. It seems like it happens most frequently on the highway when I'm on cruise or at speed not gassing it.
Hopefully this helps, but the connection is under the plastic in the back corner. I did it when the truck was apart.i don't think you can reach it when everything is in place.
IMG_20230715_100548.jpg

Vince4188

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 explorer ST
Hopefully this helps, but the connection is under the plastic in the back corner. I did it when the truck was apart.i don't think you can reach it when everything is in place.
View attachment 18708
can we use the 12V cigarette plug in the back for power and ground to power an pre amplified 10'' sub ?