Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Hard Water Spots

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST, Silver Spruce Metalic
I washed my ST yesterday for the first time at my moms house. I normally dry it off with the leaf blower and then a chamois. However, I was just about finished washing it when company showed up so I finished rinsing it off and didn't get to dry it. My mom has well water and it left hard water spots all over it! I tried using a quick detailer to polish them out but that didn't help at all. I did a search here and it seem that the best thing to get rid of them is Chemical Guys Water Spot Remover. I ordered a bottle of it and will see how well it works. In the mean time, does anyone else use another method to remove the spots?

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I washed my ST yesterday for the first time at my moms house. I normally dry it off with the leaf blower and then a chamois. However, I was just about finished washing it when company showed up so I finished rinsing it off and didn't get to dry it. My mom has well water and it left hard water spots all over it! I tried using a quick detailer to polish them out but that didn't help at all. I did a search here and it seem that the best thing to get rid of them is Chemical Guys Water Spot Remover. I ordered a bottle of it and will see how well it works. In the mean time, does anyone else use another method to remove the spots?
Please follow up with the results
Thanks

DaveG ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Rewash it in the shade (absolutely no sun shining on the vehicle) or in the late evening and do the first go round with the chamois and then final dry with a microfiber towel. You should be fine after that.

OP
BrooseDaMoose
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST, Silver Spruce Metalic
Thread Starter #4
I tried rewashing and drying it but the spots didn't come off. I tried the Chemical Guys Water Spot Remover and it worked. I tried it on a window first and it took the spots right off. It's not as easy as it's shown in the video though. It's much like using a wax paste. You dab a small amount on an applicator pad and spread it out. It says to apply it in straight lines but that kind of hard to do. Once you let it sit for a couple minutes you have to wipe it off with a clean, dry cloth. You have to use some elbow grease to get it all off so do small areas at a time. After you wipe it off it says to go back over it with a detailing spray. So it's a little bit of work but it does get the spots off.

NYPigskin

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST

Cyclone03

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Old trick I learned when I had my black 03 Mercury Marauder.
32oz spray bottle ,2oz vinegar ,fill with water.
Vinegar eats calcium.
I followed up with quick detailer.

Reactions
A sprinkler hit my wife's previous car on night, a black Mercedes. Water sat on it all night and it actually etched into the clear coat. Had to have full paint correction done via a detailer.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Old trick I learned when I had my black 03 Mercury Marauder.
32oz spray bottle ,2oz vinegar ,fill with water.
Vinegar eats calcium.
I followed up with quick detailer.
This is what I use in my shower doors. More vinegar though. Does an awesome job on the shower. Lighter mix works great in the car and is relatively gently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk