Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Happy New ST Owner with a question

justliked

Reactions
We bought our white Explorer ST a couple of months ago and couldn't be happier. She is a beast and so much fun to drive. We bought her with around 9,000 miles as once we saw one we couldn't wait for a new one and this one had all the bells and whistles that we wanted. One question though. It has a RTR badge on the back with RTR wheel caps in the center of the wheels. When I look up Explorer with RTR option I find nothing. Is it to assume that someone added those after market? Any information would be helpful. haven't thought about it in awhile but one of the wheel caps is missing and trying to figure out where to look to replace.
Thanks

Attachments

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Congrats and welcome aboard

Reactions
Congrats, welcome to the forum.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
There is no RTR package for the Explorer. Those are RTR Tech 5 wheels, 20x9.5, same as on mine (see pic below). They are technically S550 Mustang wheels. And then previous owner slapped a RTR badge on the hatch.

You can get a new center cap at rtrvehicles.com; it's the matte one. Most vendors only sell the chrome/glossy center caps as stand-alone parts.

Explorer Wheel.jpg

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
We bought our white Explorer ST a couple of months ago and couldn't be happier. She is a beast and so much fun to drive. We bought her with around 9,000 miles as once we saw one we couldn't wait for a new one and this one had all the bells and whistles that we wanted. One question though. It has a RTR badge on the back with RTR wheel caps in the center of the wheels. When I look up Explorer with RTR option I find nothing. Is it to assume that someone added those after market? Any information would be helpful. haven't thought about it in awhile but one of the wheel caps is missing and trying to figure out where to look to replace.
Thanks
Welcome to the forum

OP
J

justliked

Reactions
Thread Starter #8
There is no RTR package for the Explorer. Those are RTR Tech 5 wheels, 20x9.5, same as on mine (see pic below). They are technically S550 Mustang wheels. And then previous owner slapped a RTR badge on the hatch.

You can get a new center cap at rtrvehicles.com; it's the matte one. Most vendors only sell the chrome/glossy center caps as stand-alone parts.

View attachment 9620
Thanks so much for the info! Yeah had one fall off the other day and need to replace it.

Explorer ST Posts