Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

H&R springs now available

Reactions
That is a lot for the rear. Plus when you are accelerating, you are going to lose more contact patch when the vehicle squats.
Hopefully the camber bolts work. I am sure SPC will have something else soon if it can't be done with the bolts.

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
GTZ Powder Coating, LLC

San Antonio Texas. Very reasonable also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Anyone know how these compare to Steeda springs? Both great performance companies.

Reactions
Anyone know how these compare to Steeda springs? Both great performance companies.

The H&R are a progressive spring and the steeda are a linear spring. I doubt there are many out there that have driven both for any length of time so the comparison will have to wait.

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
The H&R are a progressive spring and the steeda are a linear spring. I doubt there are many out there that have driven both for any length of time so the comparison will have to wait.
You guys are a lot smarter than me about this. Progressive and linear? I’ll have to research that too.

Reactions
Progressive means that the spring rate varies as the coil compresses, linear means that X amount of pressure will compress the springs X amount.

Progresives tend to have a more supple ride as the first few coils are quite soft so they are better at absorbing small imperfections. The downside is that since the rate varies, the response is less predictable but is probably undetectable by most drivers.

Linear rate will feel things like expansion joints in the pavement more than a progressive spring but will have a more predictable resonse if you were to hit a bump mid-corner. The linear rate springs will have less initial brake dive as well.

Both companies make good products so unless you have past experience with both types of springs, you are probably not going to be too picky as both springs will make it look better than stock and the lower center of gravity is going to be noticeable handlng-wise so either will work well.

I recall from other boards that vehicle inspections in Germany can be pretty thorough and that suspension parts that are not TUV approved can land you in hot water. With H&R being manufactured in Europe, they are more likely to seek TUV certification.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Not to mention the height difference. Steeda is advertised at 1” on both ends. H&R claims 1.6/1.75 f/r although I didn’t see quite that much.

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Progressive means that the spring rate varies as the coil compresses, linear means that X amount of pressure will compress the springs X amount.

Progresives tend to have a more supple ride as the first few coils are quite soft so they are better at absorbing small imperfections. The downside is that since the rate varies, the response is less predictable but is probably undetectable by most drivers.

Linear rate will feel things like expansion joints in the pavement more than a progressive spring but will have a more predictable resonse if you were to hit a bump mid-corner. The linear rate springs will have less initial brake dive as well.

Both companies make good products so unless you have past experience with both types of springs, you are probably not going to be too picky as both springs will make it look better than stock and the lower center of gravity is going to be noticeable handlng-wise so either will work well.

I recall from other boards that vehicle inspections in Germany can be pretty thorough and that suspension parts that are not TUV approved can land you in hot water. With H&R being manufactured in Europe, they are more likely to seek TUV certification.
Great info. Always like to be educated. Thanks.

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Not to mention the height difference. Steeda is advertised at 1” on both ends. H&R claims 1.6/1.75 f/r although I didn’t see quite that much.
True. Reading about Steeda now. I’m being on rode quality though so I’m torn.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
The H&R’s ride like a dream. I’m 100% happy with ride quality.

Reactions
This coming from a guy that loves his cars sitting right above the tire....i could see the difference right away . I am waiting for my wheels to come in to see if i want to trim a little off but for now , I am pretty happy with the results..........and yes , they do ride like a dream (y)

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
This coming from a guy that loves his cars sitting right above the tire....i could see the difference right away . I am waiting for my wheels to come in to see if i want to trim a little off but for now , I am pretty happy with the results..........and yes , they do ride like a dream (y)
My wheels shipped today. I almost can’t stand it.

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Since I changed my offset to 32 on the 10.5 I pushed my date back a month :(

Explorer ST Posts