Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

H&R springs now available

Reactions
H and R USA has received the first order of springs and shipped them out to vendors. First order sold out ...

We should be getting springs any day now I would guess

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Sweet! I’m in the first order also.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Just got tracking info from Lethal tonight...my springs will be here on Friday.

Reactions
Hahaha nice to see some guys are excited as I am about receiving parts hahaha

My new front mount intercooler showed up yesterday

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Nice....I expect to see pics of the finished product on Monday morning ;)
If they make it early I’ll install on Friday but my weekend is already booked solid. Fingers are crossed that UPS hauls ass.

Reactions
Steeda may not have as big of a drop but one thing they are good at is making it handle on the street without destroying ride quality.
I've had Eibach sportlines, Eibach drag launch, H&R super Sports, and Steeda Sports on my past and current mustangs and the Steeda Sports were by far my favorites and are still on my 2009 GT. I'll wait to see what they offer as I would like it to sit a bit lower but don't want to upset the balance that Ford Racing has built into this vehicle. That is why my SVT focus got all new ford racing replacement suspension parts rather than going aftermarket as I saw no need to change the handling, other than better tires.

I had a set of ground force springs on my 05 explorer Limited (2 1/2" drop) and the ride was straight-up rough. No one made a shock or strut that could handle the spring rate for that chassis so that didn't help. But generally, the lower my vehicle got from the factory with lowering springs, the worse it got.

Reactions
Steeda may not have as big of a drop but one thing they are good at is making it handle on the street without destroying ride quality.
I've had Eibach sportlines, Eibach drag launch, H&R super Sports, and Steeda Sports on my past and current mustangs and the Steeda Sports were by far my favorites and are still on my 2009 GT. I'll wait to see what they offer as I would like it to sit a bit lower but don't want to upset the balance that Ford Racing has built into this vehicle. That is why my SVT focus got all new ford racing replacement suspension parts rather than going aftermarket as I saw no need to change the handling, other than better tires.

I had a set of ground force springs on my 05 explorer Limited (2 1/2" drop) and the ride was straight-up rough. No one made a shock or strut that could handle the spring rate for that chassis so that didn't help. But generally, the lower my vehicle got from the factory with lowering springs, the worse it got.
Steeda makes a great product , obviously , because they are still in business . The only thing i'm saying is that dropping the money for Steeda springs on this platform , to me , is just plain stupid . If they only drop .5" / .75" , then is it really worth it when that kind of drop is not even noticeable ?

No offense , but you are talking as if Ford Racing built this thing to break land speed records or run circles around supercars at Nurburgring . It is still an Explorer in the end . Like i said in a previous post , i don't think anyone is out there building their Explorer ST to be the top dog in performance . There are aftermarket parts and plenty of us will be buying them to make this platform run like a bat out of hell.....on an SUV playing field .

My wife has a '13 Explorer Sport on H&R springs and it rides great....and it's sitting right above the tires .

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Lethal said mine will ship out on the 18th so I’ll install next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Maybe I’ll let y’all go first so you can do a write up for me to follow. lol

Reactions
Maybe I’ll let y’all go first so you can do a write up for me to follow. lol
I can do the write up for you right now......

Drive to local shop
Drop it off
Wait for the pics after install
See if it needs to be trimmed or not
Pick up vehicle and enjoy

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Cheater. lol
I have a whole mechanic shop behind my office for our fleet trucks...I have full access. Plus I like doing it myself. Except for that one time my lowered F150 was on 4 jack stands and one broke and it fell on me and pinned me under the rear axle...I didn’t like that. lol

Reactions
Cheater. lol
I have a whole mechanic shop behind my office for our fleet trucks...I have full access. Plus I like doing it myself. Except for that one time my lowered F150 was on 4 jack stands and one broke and it fell on me and pinned me under the rear axle...I didn’t like that. lol
I like doing stuff myself also but this would take me longer than i want....plus i have no experience with cutting springs to judge ride height.......oh yeah , and i don't want to get pinned under an axle either :eek:

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I don’t blame ya. It’s not a very good time.

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Lol yeah I’ll have my shop do it. I don’t mess with suspension on my own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions
Last suspension i messed with was my '91 Syclone back in the day

Reactions
No offense , but you are talking as if Ford Racing built this thing to break land speed records or run circles around supercars at Nurburgring . It is still an Explorer in the end . Like i said in a previous post , i don't think anyone is out there building their Explorer ST to be the top dog in performance . There are aftermarket parts and plenty of us will be buying them to make this platform run like a bat out of hell.....on an SUV playing field .
Way off... I get that the Steeda springs for the previous explorer sport didn't meet your expectations, heck, I wish they'd went a bit lower too but there is still a market for what they sold the spring as: a spring that didn't sacrifice towing and could still go off highway. It is a 6 seat SUV, not a track toy, I want a spring that will help handling without going too stiff or so low that it completely f&€ks up the suspension geometry for vanity. Yes, the H&R springs have hit the market first but what is wrong with having more than one option?

I never made it sound like it could take on the ring. I stated that I don't want to take this vehicle too far away from the factory geometry as the factory engineering has given us a very good handling mid-sized SUV at a great price point. I want a little bit more, but not a lot more.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Damn that...I want it at least 2” lower on coil overs and double adjustable everything with forged 22’s and ZR rated tires with lots of power on top. The suspension geometry will be fine.

Reactions
Way off... I get that the Steeda springs for the previous explorer sport didn't meet your expectations, heck, I wish they'd went a bit lower too but there is still a market for what they sold the spring as: a spring that didn't sacrifice towing and could still go off highway. It is a 6 seat SUV, not a track toy, I want a spring that will help handling without going too stiff or so low that it completely f&€ks up the suspension geometry for vanity. Yes, the H&R springs have hit the market first but what is wrong with having more than one option?

I never made it sound like it could take on the ring. I stated that I don't want to take this vehicle too far away from the factory geometry as the factory engineering has given us a very good handling mid-sized SUV at a great price point. I want a little bit more, but not a lot more.
I never said anything about Steeda not meeting my expectations for my wife's Explorer.....hell i never even considered them for the Explorer . I only know that the Steeda springs wouldn't lower the vehicle enough to MY liking . I said that Steeda , if only lowering .5" , will not be worth the money because you will never notice the drop on this platform.......on a car , yes !

What are you doing with the vehicle that you need to enhance the handling ?

Who are you to say that my ideas will f**k up my suspension geometry for vanity ? Do you really think that H&R has been in this business this long because they create a product that totally screws up OEM specs . I guess if they offered a spring that lowers 4" / 4.5" i could see your point .

Like you said , it's not a track toy , so why worry about the OEM spec over the "vanity" ? If the "factory engineering" from Ford Racing is good enough , why even consider springs ?

Explorer ST Posts