Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

H&R springs now available

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Yea...I’m gonna need moar lows to swap. 1.6/1.75 isn’t much but it’s better than nothing....and that’s “estimated”
I think 2-2.25” would be better and I’d swap if someone came out with that.

Reactions
I'm sure there will plenty eventually but they will all be late to the race since H&R is already at the finish line . Most people will buy H&R now and then stick with that . Who in their right mind would wait for another manufacturer to come out with their spring to drop it the same amount as H&R . Now if someone else comes out with a 2" / 2.5" or 2.25" / 2.75" drop , then i would see people switching .
Interesting take on the spring offerings. We sell Eibach, ST Suspension, Mountune, H&R, Swift etc for other ST's and the purchase seems to vary depending on the spring rate linear vs progressive, price point, and drop. I think a few other options will fair quite well.

Reactions
Interesting take on the spring offerings. We sell Eibach, ST Suspension, Mountune, H&R, Swift etc for other ST's and the purchase seems to vary depending on the spring rate linear vs progressive, price point, and drop. I think a few other options will fair quite well.
Agreed but other STs do not sit at the same ride height or react like the Explorer . Dropping a car 1.5" makes a big difference compared to an SUV .

Reactions
Agreed but other STs do not sit at the same ride height or react like the Explorer . Dropping a car 1.5" makes a big difference compared to an SUV .
agreed which is why I sent a set of OEM coils to the best in the business
more to come...

Reactions
agreed which is why I sent a set of OEM coils to the best in the business
more to come...
Best in the business ??? Does that even really exist anymore ?

Best in the business could mean they make great springs but they only drop 1"......Steeda for instance

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Lowering is nice...I wonder what the limit is and still be able to be aligned properly though? Anyone seen that info anywhere?

Reactions
Lowering is nice...I wonder what the limit is and still be able to be aligned properly though? Anyone seen that info anywhere?
I would be willing to bet that nobody has that info since the platform is still so new . Like i said , I am going to mount the H&Rs and see how it sits after settling....then mount my 22s . If it still doesn't work for me , the shop is ready to trim a little to sit lower . I am a show and go kind of guy . I would like for it to sit right above the tire but still perform as needed . I am not building an Explorer to drag race or autocross and my guess is there are going to be limited few that will . There might be a few companies that use this platform to show off their products and what they can do but a full on race vehicle it is not .

I enjoy modifying my vehicles , showing the forum what i did and giving people a possible idea for their vehicles . Am i going to be the fastest or best looking....probably not in everyone's eyes but it will meet my goals .

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I would be willing to bet that nobody has that info since the platform is still so new . Like i said , I am going to mount the H&Rs and see how it sits after settling....then mount my 22s . If it still doesn't work for me , the shop is ready to trim a little to sit lower . I am a show and go kind of guy . I would like for it to sit right above the tire but still perform as needed . I am not building an Explorer to drag race or autocross and my guess is there are going to be limited few that will . There might be a few companies that use this platform to show off their products and what they can do but a full on race vehicle it is not .

I enjoy modifying my vehicles , showing the forum what i did and giving people a possible idea for their vehicles . Am i going to be the fastest or best looking....probably not in everyone's eyes but it will meet my goals .
I plan to do basically the same. The rear springs will be easy to trim if the pics being shown are actual parts and they’re square end springs. The front may be a little harder.

Reactions
I was going for something like this above. I would guess the cut the springs

Reactions
They might have ever so slightly cut the OEM springs but not much because those are 24"

Reactions
I have 24s on mine. Right now I have about 3.5 inches from the top of tire to bottom of fender ... hoping it looks good when the H and R come. I would love to slam it with coil overs but 2 inch drop should be pretty good

Reactions
I would love to see Koni come out with the sport yellows for the ST. I had a set of neuspeed race springs with Koni yellows on a Accord. Great ride and handling, The Koni yellows have adjustable dampening, also they have adjustable spring perches to allow you to fine tune the stance. H&R, I bet Eibach may even release a spring, but if Koni does release shocks for the ST, im definitely going that route.

The ST seems to being doing well, it makes up about 25% of explorer sales so far, I live in a fairly small town, and I have the only ST around, a star white with street performance package. I get alot of stares, head turning and some people have asked me if its a Range Rover, haha. I've only had it 3 weeks, and my parts list is growing.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I’m looking forward to getting mine apart so I can see how the strut mounts on top and bottom. If it’s anything like my 2016 F150 fabbing up top and bottom conversion plates to run a good double adjustable Viking coilover will be a piece of cake. Pair those with a double adjustable Viking rear shock and you’d have one hell of a combination.

Reactions
Haha I think people have come up to me 4-5 times thinking it’s a land rover and realizing it’s a ford

I had a 2006 sport supercharged ... this truck is far better. I find the land rover suspension soft. They are scary to drive fast

Reactions
I’m looking forward to getting mine apart so I can see how the strut mounts on top and bottom. If it’s anything like my 2016 F150 fabbing up top and bottom conversion plates to run a good double adjustable Viking coilover will be a piece of cake. Pair those with a double adjustable Viking rear shock and you’d have one hell of a combination.
You and I are on the same page . I was already researching how to make custom mounts for coilovers . Too bad you are in Houston cuz i think we could come up with some really cool 1 off stuff .

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST (Agate Black)
listening to both @BAD430BENZ & @UNBROKEN talk about their set up's and eager to see both of your new shoes seated gentleman.... I've done a fair share to my ST already and I've been on the fence about new rims & tires since day 1. After reading the info. you both shared on this thread though I think I just might make it my next priority... but first comes the new Whipple intercooler that should be installed next weekend (finger crossed).

Reactions
listening to both @BAD430BENZ & @UNBROKEN talk about their set up's and eager to see both of your new shoes seated gentleman.... I've done a fair share to my ST already and I've been on the fence about new rims & tires since day 1. After reading the info. you both shared on this thread though I think I just might make it my next priority... but first comes the new Whipple intercooler that should be installed next weekend (finger crossed).
I've always been about looks first and then starting with the performance side . I'm looking at dong a bunch of 1 off things to make mine unique with being obnoxious .

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I have a few things planned myself that I’ll keep quiet until I have time to make them happen...like the door handle thing I just posted in my build log here.

Reactions
I have a few things planned myself that I’ll keep quiet until I have time to make them happen...like the door handle thing I just posted in my build log here.
nice !