Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

H&R Spring install question

Reactions
So the dealership that was going to install my springs said the bolts are one time use and that the replacement ones are not available currently from Ford. For those that have installed these, is that correct or do I need to try a different installer? I haven't read of anyone else having that issue

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Dealership legal stuff. Any TTY (torque to yield) bolts are technically one time use...I’d say virtually every one of us that’s installed springs has reused the bolts. Hell...alignment shops aren’t replacing them when they loosen them again to do their work.

OP
eec78
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Dealership legal stuff. Any TTY (torque to yield) bolts are technically one time use...I’d say virtually every one of us that’s installed springs has reused the bolts. Hell...alignment shops aren’t replacing them when they loosen them again to do their work.
Thanks - so it sounds like I need to find another shop if they don't want to reuse them

Explorer ST Posts