Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Greetings Explorer ST Forum!

Reactions
Vehicle
2024 Explorer ST 4WD
Good afternoon, everybody! This morning I placed an order for a new 2024 Explorer ST 4WD in Agate Black Metallic with 401A equipment group (360 cam system and reverse brake assist credits though...). Excited to have found this forum for research purposes, ideas, and community prior to placing the order. I'm a 2019 Ranger XLT owner and have been a member of Ranger5G.com since November 2019. I have enjoyed that community for years, and looking forward to the Explorer ST fam!

The ST will be my wife's daily driver and our family car for hauling around our 2 boys. I will definitely be doing mods / add-ons after I take delivery - so I'll be sure to consult with the ST Forum folks. By the way, trading in my wife's 2015 VW GTI......

Since we intend to keep the ST until it "dies", what is everybody's thoughts on purchasing an extended warranty from Ford?

Maybe I'll start a "build project" thread after I take delivery. Anyways, have a great weekend guys!

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Congrats on the order and welcome!

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer Platinum
Welcome to the forum. There are tons good build threads and lots of discussion in general. The search feature can be your best friend and a major rabbit hole :ROFLMAO:

As to your question on extended warranty, I think that comes down to personal preference, risk tolerance, relationship with your Ford service advisor, and your desire to tune.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the forum.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Good afternoon, everybody! This morning I placed an order for a new 2024 Explorer ST 4WD in Agate Black Metallic with 401A equipment group (360 cam system and reverse brake assist credits though...). Excited to have found this forum for research purposes, ideas, and community prior to placing the order. I'm a 2019 Ranger XLT owner and have been a member of Ranger5G.com since November 2019. I have enjoyed that community for years, and looking forward to the Explorer ST fam!

The ST will be my wife's daily driver and our family car for hauling around our 2 boys. I will definitely be doing mods / add-ons after I take delivery - so I'll be sure to consult with the ST Forum folks. By the way, trading in my wife's 2015 VW GTI......

Since we intend to keep the ST until it "dies", what is everybody's thoughts on purchasing an extended warranty from Ford?

Maybe I'll start a "build project" thread after I take delivery. Anyways, have a great weekend guys!
Welcome to the forum. Keep us posted on the delivery of your wife's (your) beast.

OP
H
Reactions
Vehicle
2024 Explorer ST 4WD
Thread Starter #6
Welcome to the forum. Keep us posted on the delivery of your wife's (your) beast.
Lol - well said......

Thank you everybody for the welcome!

Ps. I anticipate delivery to be in the window of May to July 2024.

Madisonville ST

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Welcome.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I bought a 7yr plan for mine. Our 2012 Edge sport cost me well in excess of any coverage I would have bought. If you sell it or trade it, you can get a prorated refund...not sure on the math on that proration, but I'm sure it favors Ford.

Last edited:

Madisonville ST

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I bought a 7yr plan for mine. Our 2012 Edge sport cost me well in excess of any coverage I would have bought. If you sell it or trade it, you can get a prorated refund...not sure on the math on that rotation, but I'm sure it favors Ford.
Welcome Bryan

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the forum Bryan.