Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Great MPG's

Reactions
So I took a little road trip, I left it in Eco mode 95% of the time. 87 octane no cruise control auto stop on. Overall I arrived within 5 min of the original eta and kept my speed at least 5mph over the posted majority of the time. I was going from upstate to long island so I got really lucky with traffic over all. Very happy to see these kind of numbers.

Attachments

Reactions
Ya it's impressive what kind of mileage these heavy girls can get if you really try.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thanks for the data. Unfortunately it confirms my theory of my shitty gas mileage

Impressive though getting that king of mileage with a 400hp motor pushing a box.

My CTSV got 12 on a good day and 3mpg on road race days. She was maybe 100lbs heavier than the ST.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

92onward

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Reactions
IMG_4193.jpeg

I think I was getting 30mpg

OP
STupidExplorer
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Ya it's impressive what kind of mileage these heavy girls can get if you really try.
Lol yeah it took a lot of restraint to not kick it into sport especially when I got to the city lots of nice cars to play with.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Were you averaging just under 60mph?

OP
STupidExplorer
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
Were you averaging just under 60mph?
I'd say around 60 ish majority of the time some ventures into the 70s for a few minutes never really went below 55 after the first 10 and last 5 minutes of my journey.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I'd say around 60 ish majority of the time some ventures into the 70s for a few minutes never really went below 55 after the first 10 and last 5 minutes of my journey.
Did you fill up after the drive and manually calculate the mileage? Those numbers seem a bit high from my experience. The best I seen is 25 MPG with that type of driving.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
On my F150, the computer reads 1-2MPG higher. I haven't taken the time to correct it, as another member mentioned here. It will say I got 22MPG and it's really high 19s or low 20s. Sometimes I don't mind when it lies to me :D

We took a trip to TX from IL, on the way to TX the best MPG we got was 24MPG (calculated at the pump). Otherwise, we were around 21-22MPG. Around home, we get 19-20MPG, in rural areas. The reading from the computer on the ST was almost accurate, maybe over by .2-.5 MPG.

OP
STupidExplorer
Reactions
Thread Starter #11
Did you fill up after the drive and manually calculate the mileage? Those numbers seem a bit high from my experience. The best I seen is 25 MPG with that type of driving.
I'll be taking the same trip this coming Monday I'll do a fill up and calculation to get a better idea.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I'll be taking the same trip this coming Monday I'll do a fill up and calculation to get a better idea.
I filled mine up today and did a hand calculation. Mine read about 0.5MPG higher than actual. It's been pretty consistent on this. I've seen reports of others being off by more. If you get upper 20s to 30 that would be great. Let us know how it goes.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Carbonized Gray Explorer ST
Did my first road trip in the ST this weekend. 400 miles on one tank through central and East Texas. I ran Eco mode the entire time. Stopped to refill and trip computer showed 25.2 mpg. My calculated number was 24.3 mpg. Pretty hilly terrain with sustained speeds between 65-80mph. Pretty happy with that.

After the fill up we got into some rain. It's amazing how much some water on the road affects mileage.

I actually like driving in Eco mode. Shifts are super smooth and the ST still wakes up when you mash the go pedal to pass.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
My ST did 24MPG from NW suburbs of Chicago to Northeast IN. Computer was off .5MPG. Pretty happy with that, considering I was going 75-80MPH.