Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Got me an ST!!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Curious as to what you ended up doing for the rear camber after you lowered it. Seems to be tricky on the ST's, not just a simple turn of a bolt.

Looks awesome though! You've got me investigating these spacers now!

OP
408hatch

408hatch

Reactions
Thread Starter #22
Curious as to what you ended up doing for the rear camber after you lowered it. Seems to be tricky on the ST's, not just a simple turn of a bolt.

Looks awesome though! You've got me investigating these spacers now!
As for the rear camber I was able to get it to -.9 on the driver side and -1.2 on the passenger side and according to member here UNBROKEN(who seems to know his shit) -.5 to -1.7 rear camber is in spec, toe is most important, having it off is what will eat tires and make it feel skatey..

Look through this thread (post 29 is where he defines it)

https://www.explorerst.org/threads/drop-springs-and-alignment.569/page-2#post-6297

And this one. He ended up elongating the upper control arm slots to achieve -.5 on both sides. I will be doing this soon as well, but just for ocd reasons lol

https://www.explorerst.org/threads/h-r-springs-now-available.498/page-9

rayjoedef

Reactions
Hey 408,

Looks great....any vibrations coming from the spring/spacer install? thanks for your time....Black ST eta 2 weeks

OP
408hatch

408hatch

Reactions
Thread Starter #24
Hey 408,

Looks great....any vibrations coming from the spring/spacer install? thanks for your time....Black ST eta 2 weeks
Thanks Ray! I absolutely love this Explorer and I'm sure you will too.. No vibrations, tires are wearing evenly, and the spacers imo are necessary for the right stance w/the stockers.. Currently I'm trying to procure a couple extra 21" wheels to send off with mine to be widened. I like the look of them, just needs a wider tire to complete the look and provide the grip needed for this E50 tune I'm logging w/Adam.. Just got her ceramic coated with some PPF in select spots specifically the piano black pieces.. 20210817_180921.jpg 20210817_180932.jpg

rayjoedef

Reactions
Thanks Ray! I absolutely love this Explorer and I'm sure you will too.. No vibrations, tires are wearing evenly, and the spacers imo are necessary for the right stance w/the stockers.. Currently I'm trying to procure a couple extra 21" wheels to send off with mine to be widened. I like the look of them, just needs a wider tire to complete the look and provide the grip needed for this E50 tune I'm logging w/Adam.. Just got her ceramic coated with some PPF in select spots specifically the piano black pieces.. View attachment 7403 View attachment 7404
Very cool indeed.....hr springs with borla spacer?

OP
408hatch

408hatch

Reactions
Thread Starter #26
Very cool indeed.....hr springs with borla spacer?
Thanks! And yes, hr springs, bora spacers, and Steeda sway is a great start for stance and handling.. Catch can, ic, Thermal exhaust/FFdp's, plugs, and tune after that and it's almost a perfect package, imo.. Now it just need some meats on the back! I don't know how hard the water is where you are but I wish I'd have done the ceramic coating before anything else, such a difference, the way the water beads now is hypnotizing lol