Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Got a call today

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
... from the dealer's service department. I'd scheduled a visit on 4/6 for the rear camera recall. They now have a mobile service van and are coming to my office tomorrow to complete the task. No more camera blue-screens and "Backup assist not available ..." messages (fingers crossed).

Reactions
Good luck, I’ve had the recall done two or three times and the problem persists. After the most recent update even the front camera goes blue screen lol.

hbalek

Reactions
Good luck, I’ve had the recall done two or three times and the problem persists. After the most recent update even the front camera goes blue screen lol.
I've had the side cameras go blue once or twice but never the front camera. Every now and then the rear goes blue for a few seconds and goes back to normal. So I may not do this latest recall because I don't want to make matters worse.

bguild

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
23S02 I guess is the newest one as of 1/27/23, and they just applied that to my IPMB yesterday. I had blue screen rear only and had the dealership replace the camera hardware itself a month ago. At that time, they also did the "last" software update. My issue has been resolved since then with no blue screens. But, I was told since 23S02 is a safety recall they are required to do it to the vehicle. So be careful out there if you really do not want the update. You may get it regardless.

2manycars4me

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Durango SRT Hellcat
Taking mine in Friday for the Blue Screen of death. Never had a problem with the camera until the latest recall came out and now just about every day when I pull into work or the driveway I get the screen, "Back Up Assit not available". What. a lovely feature Ford has given us. I keep checking the window sticker but haven't found that in the options yet.

OP
MikeHTally
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Thread Starter #6
Well, it lasted only 20 hours or so. Blue-screened twice this morning. Now I have to keep the original appointment.

JBStrums

Reactions
I was told today by my local ford service dept that they are not doing the camera recall as the fix didn’t work. They are waiting on a new fix to be released.

I haven’t had the issue on my ‘21.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Never had any issues on my 22 as well so I wasn’t planning to get it done.

OP
MikeHTally
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Thread Starter #9
I was told today by my local ford service dept that they are not doing the camera recall as the fix didn’t work. They are waiting on a new fix to be released.

The appointment is for 4/6. They expect to replace the camera. I think it's actually worse than before.

Last edited:

JBStrums

Reactions
The one my service guy had listed was software only and apparently it doesn’t work. Hopefully with new hardware you’ll be better off. Good luck!

OP
MikeHTally
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Thread Starter #11
Thanks. I have the same thing scheduled for the Mustang on the 13th. Also the air-bag recall. :rolleyes:

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST

I also recieved a call from My Ford dealer saying the camera recall has been canceled .
I original just made a appointment for the end of the month because I had recieved the recall letter direct from Ford .
I never experienced the problems either...Oh well back to the drawing board .

OP
MikeHTally
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Thread Starter #13
Grrr! Turns out the camera "recall" turned my tachometer off. Not "end-of-the-world", but annoying that the "recall" did nothing positive.

OP
MikeHTally
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Thread Starter #14
Not only did the "recall" NOT fix the camera, it turned the tach display off and kept the USB drive from indexing. Grrr!

Dram789

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 explorer st
Not only did the "recall" NOT fix the camera, it turned the tach display off and kept the USB drive from indexing. Grrr!
I had the recall done on my 2020 and since it was done issues started happening with my cameras 360 went grey today and no rear parking assist available

OP
MikeHTally
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Thread Starter #16
Kept my appointment this morning -out of the house at 0630, at the dealer at 0650. At 0800, they told me "Ford has stopped authorizing these, waiting for a true fix." (Paraphrasing). "You couldn't let me know sooner?" "We apologize."

Dram789

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 explorer st
Kept my appointment this morning -out of the house at 0630, at the dealer at 0650. At 0800, they told me "Ford has stopped authorizing these, waiting for a true fix." (Paraphrasing). "You couldn't let me know sooner?" "We apologize."
Yeah, hopefully they figure out a fix soon cause the only way I’ve been able to fix the issue is turning the vehicle off and on….