Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Going to look at some 23 STs. What features do I need to verify are there, missing, deleted, ghosted by Ford? Any test drive tips?

thinguy

Reactions
Vehicle
2011 edge
Ford's Window Stickers lack a lot of detail and reading up I see some people talking about heated steering wheel has been deleted. also Massage (Active Motion (Giggle)) seats, along with park assist, reverse brake assist, 360 camera, camera washers. And that's just what I can remember. Oh and 4G LTE hotspot. If I don't have that what doesn't work?
What should I look for, and expect?

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
I had a 21 that had all of that, I now have a late build 23 and the massage seats are gone, but I think the regular seats are more comfortable. The reverse assist is a pain, it would lock up the brakes suddenly and made you think you hit something, I'm glad it's gone. The 360 camera, was OK but the way ford implemented it was stupid, on the 21 when ever you put it in reverse it would split the screen and use about 60% for the reverse camera and the other 40% was used for the 360 view. With the 23 the 360 is gone so now the reverse camera display goes all the way across the screen. The park assist was a stupid gimmick that nobody ever used and the 4G hotspot is really just useless, just turn on the hotspot in your phone, it will do the same thing and you don't have to pay a monthly fee for it because it is essentially another line on your phone plan.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Ford's Window Stickers lack a lot of detail and reading up I see some people talking about heated steering wheel has been deleted. also Massage (Active Motion (Giggle)) seats, along with park assist, reverse brake assist, 360 camera, camera washers. And that's just what I can remember. Oh and 4G LTE hotspot. If I don't have that what doesn't work?
What should I look for, and expect?
The 4g LTE is the in car WiFi that you can pay a ridiculous amount to use.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
I had a 21 that had all of that, I now have a late build 23 and the massage seats are gone, but I think the regular seats are more comfortable. The reverse assist is a pain, it would lock up the brakes suddenly and made you think you hit something, I'm glad it's gone. The 360 camera, was OK but the way ford implemented it was stupid, on the 21 when ever you put it in reverse it would split the screen and use about 60% for the reverse camera and the other 40% was used for the 360 view. With the 23 the 360 is gone so now the reverse camera display goes all the way across the screen. The park assist was a stupid gimmick that nobody ever used and the 4G hotspot is really just useless, just turn on the hotspot in your phone, it will do the same thing and you don't have to pay a monthly fee for it because it is essentially another line on your phone plan.
I agree with all you said. Especially the seats feeling more comfortable without the multi contour motors.

Carbon ST

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
The cargo tie down rings are now plastic instead of metal

F=MA

Reactions
Yes the 2023 ST seats without massaging are super supportive and comfortable compared with the 3 year old massaging seats. Don't recall the massaging seats in the 2020 being that comfortable and I had three different 2020 ST's with massaging seats. Do not really miss the massaging seats.

powerboatr

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Mine has build Date of mar 2023
It has metal cargo hooks
Normal seats
360 camera system is in and works
Lte 4g is deleted
It does have rear ac controls in back seat.
So far as i can tell the 4g lte is only identified item missing

The only reason I didn't buy the King ranch one built same time, was 360 system was deleted
I have active massage in my f150
Love em for long trips
But these seats in the St are also pretty comfy. I am a large person 6. 3. And 226 lbs