Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Getting rid of GPS "nanny state" care

MaverickX

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I am wondering if anyone has managed to disable that "nanny state" voice message autopronounced at high volume (regardless of the audio mode an volume set) every time you enter a destination and start navigation: "Obey traffic laws, be alert and use voice commands while driving". I find it extremely annoying. Is it even possible to get rid of it (with FORscan or smth.)?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
You can lower the volume of the prompts or mute them by turning the volume knob on the center console down while the prompt is occurring. The system I’ll keep that volume level. Same goes for the ring volume. No Forscan required.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
IIRC, using Google Maps does away with those warnings.

OP
MaverickX

MaverickX

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
You can lower the volume of the prompts or mute them by turning the volume knob on the center console down while the prompt is occurring. The system I’ll keep that volume level. Same goes for the ring volume. No Forscan required.
Unfortunately, it won't keep the volume setting for the prompts after a restart.

OP
MaverickX

MaverickX

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #5
IIRC, using Google Maps does away with those warnings.
Well, it isn't always convenient to connect a phone via USB to navigate somewhere, as unfortunately, SYNC3 does not support Android Auto via Bluetooth. The built-in navigation is extremely glitchy, but it is good enough for quick trips. Also, I am not a big fan of [accidentally] leaving my phone in the vehicle when I park somewhere and walk away.