Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Fuel Economy

Jaypee

Reactions
My family of 5 and I just recently went on a road trip from FLA to MI. Round trio with some stops along the way there and back we did about 2500 miles. I was doing 5mph over the limit the whole way when i could. We saw about and average of between 24-26mpg on the highway getting us between 420-475 mile to a tank. Wondering if anyone else has and feed back on this from their own experience. For an SUV with 400hp and all the bells and whistles i find this to be great!

Reactions
That's really good, I've gotten around 21mpg average on a few road trips but I'm also really heavy on the gas pedal at times.

Reactions
We purchased our ST in MI. about 3 months ago. On our trip back home to Fl. I drove about 80 mph most of 1500 mi trip and averaged 22 mpg. Super happy! Jim

MZEITLER

Reactions
I have gotten just over 21 on my last road trip

minuteman3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
We haven't taken a "long" trip yet ... but on our couple of 100+ mile jaunts on the highway we've gotten well over 24MPG which I think is truly outstanding for a vehicle this size, weight, and power!! Even in town I'm recording 18-19MPG which I think is also quite good.

Ken

CapTom

U.S. Army Veteran
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
We're averaging 20 - 21 around town, and I tend to have a heavy foot. No long trips but on the imterstate I've gotten about the same as you. I', amazed at the mileage this thing is capable of.

Reactions
my average economy since ive bought the car, last september, 3800 miles later, 12.6 MPG !!!!! it doesn't get driven much.