Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Front & rear speaker sizes

Reactions
Just in case anybody was wondering the size & what the speakers looked like. Here you.go.My installer got a pair of the dynaudio mw172 which is an 8 inch woofer in the fronts no problem with the esostar 650 in the rears.

Attachments

Reactions
So what is the layout in the stock B&O setup? in the door, you obviously have the tweeter, a mid bass speaker near the door handle, and is it a coaxial speaker in the lower front door?

Trying to walk into a reputable shop with a general working knowledge of what the best replacement setup might be for the vehicle.

All I have definitively arrived on is that I will need a NavTV audio interface to bypass the factory amp, but then was hoping to AT LEAST install aftermarket amp and replace the subwoofer and front speakers to start out.

Any direction you might have as to what direction I could provide my local installer would be appreciated!

OP
F
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Yes the nav tv is a must. As for the amp of you want more boom then I would suggest adding an amp or 2. My installer left the mid 3 inch & tweeter in the door unplugged with the wires wrapped on tesa tape to prevent rattling of any kind. Im just waiting for him to finish up the "A" pillars with the dynaudio e110 tweeter & the dynaudio e430 mid speaker. Also lots of dynamat & dynaliner all through the vehicle.

Reactions
So what is the layout in the stock B&O setup? in the door, you obviously have the tweeter, a mid bass speaker near the door handle, and is it a coaxial speaker in the lower front door?

Trying to walk into a reputable shop with a general working knowledge of what the best replacement setup might be for the vehicle.

All I have definitively arrived on is that I will need a NavTV audio interface to bypass the factory amp, but then was hoping to AT LEAST install aftermarket amp and replace the subwoofer and front speakers to start out.

Any direction you might have as to what direction I could provide my local installer would be appreciated!
What are you looking to do?

Reactions
The lower speakers are 4x6 I believe, but any good installer can make up brackets to install say 6 1/2 speakers...not sure how much room is there for 8 inch mid bass. I went Focal K2 3-ways in the front and Focal K2 coaxials in the rear.

Explorer ST Posts