Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Forscan settings discussion

Reactions
I have a MacBook, no Windows PC unless I bring one home
from my office which if I need to, I will. But can I use my iPad or phone for programming or just monitoring? Also, which FORScan to download; Lite for $5.99?

LokiWolf

Reactions
I have a MacBook, no Windows PC unless I bring one home
from my office which if I need to, I will. But can I use my iPad or phone for programming or just monitoring? Also, which FORScan to download; Lite for $5.99?
No, Changes can only be done on Windows version. The full version on the Apple store has some service procedures that can be run, but no programming on modules.

There are many tutorials to run Windows on a Mac out there. Many ways. Several free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions
I’m also a Mac user, but as mentioned above pretty simple to run Windows on it.

Something like Forscan is pretty basic code so I will prob just use Parallels or VMware Fusion.

The Bluetooth adapter peaked my interest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LokiWolf

Reactions
I’m also a Mac user, but as mentioned above pretty simple to run Windows on it.

Something like Forscan is pretty basic code so I will prob just use Parallels or VMware Fusion.

The Bluetooth adapter peaked my interest

Parallels here. VMWare for everything else on other systems.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I used Boot Camp Assistant to make a Windows 10 partition to dual boot. Pretty easy to do and you don't even need to register the Windows 10 copy to have it function. My Windows laptop died so I was able to transfer the registration over to my Macbook Air. I had tried Crossover to run Forscan but could not get the wifi OBD2 adapter to be recognized. With Boot Camp, there are some quirks running it on Macbook but the benefit is it's a legit Windows 10. Works well with my OBDLink MX+ bluetooth OBD2 adapter.

Reactions
Is there a comprehensive list of all the things you can adjust with forscan?

There was a really awesome list for my F150, I'm hoping there's something similar for the explorer

Reactions
I did the nav in motion one...I think that's it besides the ones you listed.

Tons of settings in there but I didn't want to play around too much
which section is this under? I was looking for this, but couldn't find it

Reactions
which section is this under? I was looking for this, but couldn't find it
That I don't recall. I believe I used instructions I located for an F150 and it worked the same.

Reactions
I did the Boot Camp Windows option on my Mac and FORScan works perfectly. Has anyone found out the true fix for Auto Start/Stop using this yet? From what I’ve read on the FS forum, the 2020’s have a new PCM that won’t allow just that option to disable; it’s tied to other options too. The double honk disable alone was worth it for me.

CapTom

U.S. Army Veteran
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
There's an aftermarket plug in device that makes the pushbutton on/off remain as you set it.

Reactions
There's an aftermarket plug in device that makes the pushbutton on/off remain as you set it.
Yeah I know but I’d like to program it out. It can be done. Thanks.

Reactions
Leaving them on allows them to come on when Parking lights are on and you are parking. Only defeats the purpose if you leave your Fogs on all the time...

is there a way to have fogs on all the time - even when lights are off when driving..?

LokiWolf

Reactions
is there a way to have fogs on all the time - even when lights are off when driving..?
You can set them as them as DRL, but that is the closest you can do.

LokiWolf

Reactions
Yeah I know but I’d like to program it out. It can be done. Thanks.
It cannot be programmed out. You can disable battery management, which has the result of preventing AS/S. But it is not turning off AS/S. That is how the 150 guys are doing it that you see mentioned. It is NOT good for the battery or charging circuits. It basically sends voltage to the battery at full tilt all the time when the settings are set that way.

Tervlab

Reactions
Anyone have the codes for these mods:
Bambi-
Nav in motion-
Double horn honk-
Fogs with High Beams-

CapTom

U.S. Army Veteran
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
They're all available through the Basic programming in Forscan. No codes needed, just a simple click. Be careful with Nav in Motion, I believe all it does is tell the computer that you're located somewhere that Nav in Motion is legal, and that messes up some other location based items.

Reactions
It cannot be programmed out. You can disable battery management, which has the result of preventing AS/S. But it is not turning off AS/S. That is how the 150 guys are doing it that you see mentioned. It is NOT good for the battery or charging circuits. It basically sends voltage to the battery at full tilt all the time when the settings are set that way.

Good advice. I did read somewhere in the Forscan forum that they’re working on it but I’ll probably just get that bypass connection that goes under the steering column.

LokiWolf

Reactions
They're all available through the Basic programming in Forscan. No codes needed, just a simple click. Be careful with Nav in Motion, I believe all it does is tell the computer that you're located somewhere that Nav in Motion is legal, and that messes up some other location based items.
Correct, it sets you to Western Europe, at least that is the coding most use. Turns off all the SiriusXM Travel Link features, and E911. E911 is the deal killer for me. When my wife had somebody turn in front of her at 45 in our 15 Expedition it called before she even knew what happened and help was on the way. She ended up fine with just Bumps, bruises, and sore muscles. Expy was totaled. But imagine if she wasn’t conscious or hurt more. Not a feature I am turning off to get a little convenience.

Reactions
Correct, it sets you to Western Europe, at least that is the coding most use. Turns off all the SiriusXM Travel Link features, and E911. E911 is the deal killer for me. When my wife had somebody turn in front of her at 45 in our 15 Expedition it called before she even knew what happened and help was on the way. She ended up fine with just Bumps, bruises, and sore muscles. Expy was totaled. But imagine if she wasn’t conscious or hurt more. Not a feature I am turning off to get a little convenience.
I couldn’t agree more with this statement.

EcobeaST

Reactions
How about the Enhanced exhaust noise or piped in fake engine sound on the ST in sport mode? Has anyone disabled that yet or know how to do it?