Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Forscan settings discussion

Reactions
Hi everyone- Looking to customize a bit with Forscan, but new to this and want to be sure I understand everything. I did the simple setting of double honk and BAMBI mode in BdyCM, but looking in IPC I see a whole host more of settings that I don't see many talking about.

Here I see Auto Stop Start to Enable or Disable. I know this function is under BdyCM as well, but if I disable there I lost BMS. If I switch this to disabled in IPC will that turn off Auto Stop Start with no other ill effects?

What other settings are recommended by the members here? Thanks!

Reactions
I did the nav in motion one...I think that's it besides the ones you listed.

Tons of settings in there but I didn't want to play around too much

OP
G
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
I tried turning off the auto stop/ start in IPC setting. It seemed to work for about 20 min of my drive, then began to auto stop again. I didn't do the body control module setting to turn it off to keep the battery monitor on.

Anyone have experience here?

Reactions
I did the nav in motion one...I think that's it besides the ones you listed.

Tons of settings in there but I didn't want to play around too much
What’s the nav in motion do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
What’s the nav in motion do?

Disables the nanny that stops you from scrolling your audio stations or entering nav addresses while the car is moving. You can also see your texts printed on the screen as well while driving

Reactions
Disables the nanny that stops you from scrolling your audio stations or entering nav addresses while the car is moving. You can also see your texts printed on the screen as well while driving

CapTom

U.S. Army Veteran
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
For anyone who's not sure about using Forscan: I just did three mods with it and I'm not exactly computer literate. It's simple if you use the "Easy Programming" method. Just be sure to follow the instructions. I did the double honk eliminate, Bambi mode and secure idle.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
For anyone who's not sure about using Forscan: I just did three mods with it and I'm not exactly computer literate. It's simple if you use the "Easy Programming" method. Just be sure to follow the instructions. I did the double honk eliminate, Bambi mode and secure idle.
Secure idle is standard on 2020’s. Make sure you didn’t turn it off.

Reactions
Secure idle? Is there a reference chart which defines all the ForScan mods ?

CapTom

U.S. Army Veteran
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I don't know about it being standard, but it was turned off. Now you can't drive it without the key fob, before you could. It wouldn't surprise me if lots of these were programmed differently. I don't leave it running unattended, but this makes a good anti-carjacking tool.

CapTom

U.S. Army Veteran
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Secure idle? Is there a reference chart which defines all the ForScan mods ?

I've never seen them all in one place, that would be to easy. The Forscan website tutorial shows you how to do "easy method", plain English programming, and that gives you a whole list of addressable options. I saw a bunch more that sounded interesting, but I want to find out something about them before I try them. Just record which ones you change so you can go back and switch them to "as-built" if you need to.

Reactions
Ok, tempted by this...

Can anyone recommend good hardware?

Also, I keep seeing it mentioned so forgive my ignorance but what is Bambi mode?

Reactions
Ok, tempted by this...

Also, I keep seeing it mentioned so forgive my ignorance but what is Bambi mode?

Fog lights on with high beams.

Normally the high beams will turn off the fogs

CapTom

U.S. Army Veteran
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Ok, tempted by this...

I ordered the one mentioned on the Forscan website from Amazon. OBDLink EX FORScan OBD Adapter

Reactions
Ok, tempted by this...

I got this one and it worked flawlessly for my updates, no need to spend 50 bucks.
Screenshot_20200726-103257_Amazon Shopping.jpg

CapTom

U.S. Army Veteran
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Today I got further into the Forscan programming and turned on cornering lights. Turns out they're the fog lamps and since I already set them to work with high beams they're on whenever the lights are, so I accomplished nothing. It was fun trying though.

LokiWolf

Reactions
Today I got further into the Forscan programming and turned on cornering lights. Turns out they're the fog lamps and since I already set them to work with high beams they're on whenever the lights are, so I accomplished nothing. It was fun trying though.
Leaving them on allows them to come on when Parking lights are on and you are parking. Only defeats the purpose if you leave your Fogs on all the time...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CapTom

U.S. Army Veteran
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Leaving them on allows them to come on when Parking lights are on and you are parking. Only defeats the purpose if you leave your Fogs on all the time...

Never thought of that. Good point!

LokiWolf

Reactions
Just for Clarity, just like the Auto Start/Stop Disable, Nav In Motion is not really Nav In Motion. It is setting your locality to Western Europe. That allows Nav to work in motion, but turns off other things. It turns off E911 and the SiriusXM Weather/Nav add ins.

I just use CarPlay...solves the NIM issue. I was not willing to lose E911. When somebody turned in front of my wife in her 15 Expedition at 45 MPH and they Wrecked. It called 911 for her when she could not reach her phone. Phone was in the front passenger floorboard where it had been knocked out of its mount. She was able to talk to an operator, and get help. Not willing to give that up for a little convenience.

LokiWolf

Reactions
By far the best adapter for doing FORSCAN is the OBDLINK MX+. LE Bluetooth works with Windows, Android and iOS. Can use for programming on laptop and monitoring on iPhone. It is more expensive, but it works great.