Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Forscan secure idle

Reactions
I've heard of stories like this where at a stop-light, someone being car-jacked with a gun and in Canada to boot...

All I can say to this is;

1) Know your surroundings at ALL TIMES.
2) Doors should be locked at ALL TIMES.

3) Most idiots that car-jack someone will usually get the person in the front of the line and run the red when he leaves...

So "IF" you're in the front of the line at a stop red-light, just FUCKING drive.
F U C K the red light or turn with traffic.. Cut someone off if you have to, forget "tricking" them...

I'm sure (scared or not), if you had a child / your family in the car, you're probably not going to just give up your car.. U bet I'd fight first before any thug decided to leave with my child in the back.. Gun or not... Adrenaline runs high in situations like this...

Lastly, not allowing the idiot to leave with your vehicle may just cause him to shot you anyways cause they're pissed. Now instead; your on the side-walk, bleeding-out, instead of busting ass down the road in your "BRAND NEW ST BABY!"

Just my 2c, and don't worry about stupid shit like this.. Follow rules 1&2 and you'll be fine..

Besides, I work in Toronto all the time, outside to boot, with a running truck and NO ONE steals that... Common all ready, I'm due for a new work truck guys....

Cheers,

R2D2

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Second, give the friggin' car up. Anyone desperate enough to carjack you with a weapon is NOT the person with whom you want to discuss the matter. Third, imagine if when he tried to flee in the truck it was stuck in Park. Where do you think his frustration would have been aimed?
I'm with TMac on this. Let the law enforcement and insurance deal with it.

Better to be alive to drive a new car from insurance, than be dead and left with your ST, which you can't drive.

You can add a GPS tracker to your vehicle if you have worries of get it taken away. Helps in lowering the insurance rates as well.

Thank you for informing us about the feature, will try it out on my stock car.

Reactions
I'm with TMac on this. Let the law enforcement and insurance deal with it.

Better to be alive to drive a new car from insurance, than be dead and left with your ST, which you can't drive.

You can add a GPS tracker to your vehicle if you have worries of get it taken away. Helps in lowering the insurance rates as well.

Thank you for informing us about the feature, will try it out on my stock car.
What makes you think you will survive it by giving up? Always defend yourself.

R2D2

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
What makes you think you will survive it by giving up? Always defend yourself.
Without going into criminal phycology or statistical data of the people survived, let's just say my odds are better that way.

From LAPD
'If the carjacker threatens you with a gun or other weapon, give up your car. Don’t argue. Your life is worth more than a car'

On a lighter note: I'm not Bruce Wayne.. not my kid either..

Reactions
Without going into criminal phycology or statistical data of the people survived, let's just say my odds are better that way.

From LAPD
'If the carjacker threatens you with a gun or other weapon, give up your car. Don’t argue. Your life is worth more than a car'

On a lighter note: I'm not Bruce Wayne.. not my kid either..
In my eyes, defending your life and others' lives can be getting out of the way. I just do not think giving in to the demands of a criminal is something that can be considered safe. It will be unpredictable at best and deadly at worst. Police always recommend to do what the criminal says, but that is not always the best advice. No one is going to save you, you have to save your self.