Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Forscan Issue with Driver Window

SlothMan

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
I made a few changes in Forscan, just FENG and Auto Start/Stop. Now the driver window is going up and down only a little bit at a time. The auto up down reprogramming as shown in the manual is not working to restore it. Is there anything I can do to fix this myself? I am not sure how anything I changed could have done this.

Reactions
Vehicle
Sold after 6 months
Those FORScan changes wouldn't have messed with the window. But sounds like it could be sticking binding or the window controller thinks it is. Try using some spray silicone lubricant and window sash inside and out.

Not sure what the manual says but try this method too.

DaveG ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Great video. I would try that first and whatever the manual says to do. Next I would try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes to see if it resets the window. If all else fails, you may need to remove door panel to see what might be causing it bind up.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
The driver's side door module more than rarely goes bad. But likely the Forscan changes are coincidental. I'd try doing the forscan service procedure to do a module reset on the drivers door module. There's also a "power window initialization, driver's side" under the same module service procedure list.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Mine to that fairly often. Run the window all the way down and hold the switch down. Then run the window up and hold the switch up. That should end the shenanigans ('til it does it again).

Reactions
Took mine in last week as this has been a common problem for me. Dealer told me Ford issued software update for this controller... We will see, but so far so good.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk