Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford's CEO Farley...

Reactions
This guy is putting on a masterclass in how to NOT run a business.

He's been talking about how existing customers will probably not like their new vehicles. He literally said that, in an official statement. He also axed edge which was one of their better selling platforms considering its received little other than refreshes for a decade.

His most recent moment of idiocy was saying he expects to see tens of thousands per car in subscription revenue. He wants you to buy a car (at a full and inflated price) , then keep paying monthly for features you bought in the first place.

Honestly, the board should remove this guy before he kills the whole company.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Why wouldn't he want a subscription plan. Most every software company has moved to sucking money out of their customers each year. Plus the bonus for Ford is the subscriptions will be mostly profit since they current pay the costs for developing the software.

Like Tesla, by a loaded car and then sell it to somebody. That somebody finds out he has to re buy all the good expensive software the previous owner already paid for.

Not saying I like the idea at all in fact I loath the idea, just that it doesn't really surprise me.

OP
BlkGS
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Because consumers will hate it, leading to used car buyers avoiding them, leading to shit resale values, leading to people going to a different manufacturer.

I will not buy a new car that requires a subscription. Period. If the whole industry goes that way, I'll just get to save money by keeping my old car and not having a car payment.