Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford - tune detect

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I found this on another forum ( www.f150forum.com ), thought it was an interesting read. Still wanting to tune, albeit a mild tune is good enough for me.

Attachments

Last edited:

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
That’s been around for a while...gives some good examples of what Ford looks for though. I pretty much check every box on their list. lol

dolsen

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
That's very interesting, I am glad to see they at least have a semi thought out flow chart to help determine if the issue is warrantable, instead of just a wholesale approach to tuning/aftermarkets parts of "warranty void"

Reactions
That's very interesting, I am glad to see they at least have a semi thought out flow chart to help determine if the issue is warrantable, instead of just a wholesale approach to tuning/aftermarkets parts of "warranty void"
Idk man pretty soft barriers on interpretation. Putting down pipes on, especially catted ones shouldn’t void your warranty.

Reactions
There are definitely some false justifications in that guide.

At least this guide doesn't stretch things too far and say that putting an aftermarket air filter on will void your warranty claim for a leaking sunroof.

dolsen

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Idk man pretty soft barriers on interpretation. Putting down pipes on, especially catted ones shouldn’t void your warranty.
My only point is it's clear there isn't an attitude of "yep a tune voids the warranty". It gives at least some room for critical thinking and justification as to what caused the failure. I would argue that no modifications should void any part of your warranty, but it could absolutely be used as justification as to why certain repairs shouldn't be covered by warranty, which is fair. I hate hearing people bitch about things similar to: "I changed the the springs on my car to lower it and now my shocks are leaking and the dealer won't cover leaking shocks under warranty".