Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Rouge Factory Tour

SkyPilot6

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I had a day to kill last week in Detroit. So I made my way over to the Henry Ford Museum, and did the Rouge Factory tour, which is where the F-150 is made! Unfortunately pictures are not allowed inside the factory, but you can take as much time as you like walking around the catwalk watching the different phases of production of the F-150. This was truly an amazing experience, and one that every Ford fan should do given the opportunity. The Rouge factory tour is an add on to the Henry Ford Museum, which in itself is a great museum with an amazing collection of vehicles, trains, aircraft, farm equipment, and even furniture. I was able to spend about 5 hours between the factory and museum, and I was only able to see about half of what was offered.

https://www.thehenryford.org/

Here are a few pictures from the day. IMG_5550 Large.jpeg
The Building where the F-150 is assembled.
IMG_5529 Large.jpeg
F-150 Raptor Drivetrain, Vs Lightning
IMG_5538 Large.jpeg
Gymkhana 5 Fiesta ST
IMG_5561 Large.jpeg
1967 Mark IV GT40
IMG_5565 Large.jpeg

There is so much more here, if you get the chance you definitely need to check it out.

Reactions
I had a day to kill last week in Detroit. So I made my way over to the Henry Ford Museum, and did the Rouge Factory tour, which is where the F-150 is made! Unfortunately pictures are not allowed inside the factory, but you can take as much time as you like walking around the catwalk watching the different phases of production of the F-150. This was truly an amazing experience, and one that every Ford fan should do given the opportunity. The Rouge factory tour is an add on to the Henry Ford Museum, which in itself is a great museum with an amazing collection of vehicles, trains, aircraft, farm equipment, and even furniture. I was able to spend about 5 hours between the factory and museum, and I was only able to see about half of what was offered.

https://www.thehenryford.org/

Here are a few pictures from the day. View attachment 13786
The Building where the F-150 is assembled.
View attachment 13790
F-150 Raptor Drivetrain, Vs Lightning
View attachment 13787
Gymkhana 5 Fiesta ST
View attachment 13788
1967 Mark IV GT40
View attachment 13789

There is so much more here, if you get the chance you definitely need to check it out.
Very cool! We are a big museum family if I ever make my way that way I'll have to check it out.